Re: How to join Docs team

12

RE: [discussion] Documentation Contribution based or produced by LO? (was: How to join Docs team)

Jörg Schmidt-2

What did Rob have to apologize for? I don't know anything he has to apologize for.

I don't understand what you mean. What do you think I want?

I can say what I want myself:
I want AOO (i mean the project and the community) to be treated with respect. Respect, however, is a question of joint discussion and not of one-sided subjugation.

greetings,
Jörg

RE: [discussion] Documentation Contribution based or produced by LO? (was: How to join Docs team)

Jan-Christian Wienandt
Moin,

In the past, the Prooo-Box was informed about the updating and revision of the German documentation.
The only response was to state that it did not comply with the Apache license.

If this is the main concern, one should not be surprised that motivation knows no bounds.

Some more information about our work:

The English documentation for version 3.3 serves as a basis.
In this documentation some functions are described incorrectly or there are
descriptions are missing. This means that all functionalities must be
tested or reproduced for the new documentation will be.
Alternative paths are also offered for faulty functions.

Jan

Re: [discussion] Documentation Contribution based or produced by LO? (was: How to join Docs team)

Dave Fisher-3

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 1, 2020, at 1:21 PM, Jörg Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:

I made a commit on the website that was valid, but he thought it was a bad idea. So he reverted it instead of asking me. This was not proper. TBH I found him to be omnipresent and while very helpful did not leave others enough room to grow into also helpful. It was as if every fourth email was from him. And then IBM pulled out and ... Rob slowly went away.

BTW we can now put the registered trademark (R) next to Apache and OpenOffice. We had every right to it for OpenOffice.org back at that time. It’s what I did. He had incorrect fear that doing that was some type of major legal jeopardy.

> I don't understand what you mean. What do you think I want?
>
> I can say what I want myself:
> I want AOO (i mean the project and the community) to be treated with respect. Respect, however, is a question of joint discussion and not of one-sided subjugation.

We all want that. We just disagree about how that may happen.

Best,
Dave

> greetings,
> Jörg

RE: [discussion] Documentation Contribution based or produced by LO? (was: How to join Docs team)

Jörg Schmidt-2
Hello,

Well, it happened to me.

Can you understand that I still think this is much less bad than the insults and lies from TDF/LO?

> This was not proper. TBH I found him to be omnipresent and
> while very helpful did not leave others enough room to grow
> into also helpful. It was as if every fourth email was from
> him. And then IBM pulled out and ... Rob slowly went away.

This, however, is an interesting observation. I find it amazing that the PMC still insists on keeping these people in their ranks. Even though they are no longer doing anything for the project.

Do you think that's right?

My opinion is: IBM has done harm to the project by uncoordinatedly withdrawing its support. Specifically, this concerns the OOXML filters.

> BTW we can now put the registered trademark (R) next to
> Apache and OpenOffice. We had every right to it for
> OpenOffice.org back at that time. It’s what I did. He had
> incorrect fear that doing that was some type of major legal jeopardy.

But why do we use these legal possibilities so little?
Why, for example, do we not take legal action against fraudulent sites such as openoffice.de and dispute their rights?

> > I don't understand what you mean. What do you think I want?
> >
> > I can say what I want myself:
> > I want AOO (i mean the project and the community) to be
> treated with respect. Respect, however, is a question of
> joint discussion and not of one-sided subjugation.
>
> We all want that.

All right, if we agree on this.

greetings,
Jörg

RE: [discussion] Documentation Contribution based or produced by LO? (was: How to join Docs team)

Jörg Schmidt-2

Two short additions.

1) When we revise existing documentation we must take into account their licenses.
If someone thinks we can (and don't) change an existing license to Apache, they can do so themselves. On the other hand, if a license change is not possible, it is not for us either.

2. please note that prooo-box.org is a separate platform, just like ODF authors, and welcome the work of both or neither of them.

greetings,
Jörg

Re: How to join Docs team

Peter Kovacs-4
Hi Keith,

Pulkit Krishna, writes he does not find any mail with the login data.

Can you check and send the email again?

Thanks,

All the Best

Peter

Am 29.03.20 um 18:19 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:

> On 3/27/2020 5:37 AM, Pulkit Krishna wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I want wiki account with useride:- pulkitkrishna email:-
>> [hidden email]
>> Pulkit Krishna
> Pulkit;
>
> Your requested mwiki account has been created and a temporary password
> has been sent and please make sure you change it at first login. We
> currently do all documentation at the following link:
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide. It does not
> look as if the Base Section has been added yet I will add it later
> today. A good reference before starting and as you progress is
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Help_Style_Guide and
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Wiki_Editing_Policy.
> You should also subscribe to the documentation mailing list at
> [hidden email]. That list is dedicated to
> communication around documentation. Welcome to the documentation team.
>
> Regards
> Keith N. McKenna

Re: How to join Docs team

Matthias Seidel
Hi Peter,

Am 05.04.20 um 10:16 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> Hi Keith,
>
> Pulkit Krishna, writes he does not find any mail with the login data.

Gmail... He should look in his Spam folder.

This happens so often...

Regards,

   Matthias

> Can you check and send the email again?
>

> Thanks,
>

> All the Best
>
> Peter
>
> Am 29.03.20 um 18:19 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
>> On 3/27/2020 5:37 AM, Pulkit Krishna wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I want wiki account with useride:- pulkitkrishna email:-
>>> [hidden email]
>>> Pulkit Krishna
>> Pulkit;
>>
>> Your requested mwiki account has been created and a temporary password
>> has been sent and please make sure you change it at first login. We
>> currently do all documentation at the following link:
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide. It does not
>> look as if the Base Section has been added yet I will add it later
>> today. A good reference before starting and as you progress is
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Help_Style_Guide
>> and
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Wiki_Editing_Policy.
>>
>> You should also subscribe to the documentation mailing list at
>> [hidden email]. That list is dedicated to
>> communication around documentation. Welcome to the documentation team.
>>
>> Regards
>> Keith N. McKenna

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: How to join Docs team

Peter Kovacs-4
I asked that.

He said there is no mail.

All the best

Peter

> Hi Peter,
>
> Am 05.04.20 um 10:16 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> Hi Keith,
>>
>> Pulkit Krishna, writes he does not find any mail with the login data.
> Gmail... He should look in his Spam folder.
>
> This happens so often...
>
> Regards,
>
>     Matthias
>
>> Can you check and send the email again?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>

>> All the Best
>>
>> Peter

>>> Pulkit;
>>>
>>> Your requested mwiki account has been created and a temporary password
>>> has been sent and please make sure you change it at first login. We
>>> currently do all documentation at the following link:
>>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide. It does not
>>> look as if the Base Section has been added yet I will add it later
>>> today. A good reference before starting and as you progress is
>>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Help_Style_Guide
>>> and
>>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Wiki_Editing_Policy.
>>>
>>> You should also subscribe to the documentation mailing list at
>>> [hidden email]. That list is dedicated to
>>> communication around documentation. Welcome to the documentation team.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Keith N. McKenna

Re: How to join Docs team

Keith N. McKenna
On 4/1/2020 3:14 PM, Jörg Schmidt wrote:

> [...]
Jorg others have said it now I will add my voice to it. Please stop
these types of posts they are totally unproductive. They serve no
purpose except rekindle and inflame incidents best left in the past. Let
us all move on and foster cooperation were it is possible and move
forward separately were it is not.

Regards
Keith

12