Re: [Marketing] Revenue Model

Alexandro Colorado-3
On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 11:05:40 -0000, Suraj Luke (GENO)
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>     I am Suraj Luke, the MD of the Global Entrepreneurs Network
> Organization (GENO). May I know what is the revenue model of open office?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Suraj Luke

OpenOffice.org is an opensource project which is in great deal backed by
Sun. Sun makes money out of the commercial entity of StarOffice.
OpenOffice.org on the other hand is focused on the development of the
suite and doesn't focus on the revenue. If large companies want a
supported version they can talk directly to Sun and either have the
OpenOffice.org support (limited) or the StarOffice support (full support).

Sun makes money out of their servers and Enterprise versions of StarOffice
which has some managing tools for large scale corporate deployment of the
suite.

--
Alexandro Colorado
CoLeader of OpenOffice.org ES

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>     I am Suraj Luke, the MD of the Global Entrepreneurs Network
> Organization (GENO). May I know what is the revenue model of open office?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Suraj Luke

On the other hand, OpenOffice.org can be used as part of potential
businesses that want to develop services or products on top of
OpenOffice.org (plug-ins, add ons) or integrate OpenOffice.org as part of
their proposal.

OpenOffice.org is XML based which add flexibility to new, modern
application development and can interact and be easily integrated into
other programs with relative small time of development.