Re: [Marketing] SUPER PC

Ian Lynch
On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 11:19 +0100, Super PC wrote:
> Dear Ladies and Gentelman
> We request your permission to publish your programmes (freeware and
> shareware) on our magazines (SuperPC and GameArena) CD-ROMs.

Open Source software is not strictly speaking the same as freeware or
shareware although it does have common properties. ie it can be
distributed freely. There is no permission required to to distribute
OpenOffice.org. You just have to comply with the license. Essentially
that allows you to distribute the installation code in the way you are
proposing. Please give us feedback on how many discs you distribute. The
more the better :-)

--
Ian Lynch <[hidden email]>
ZMSL

Re: [Marketing] SUPER PC

Charles-H. Schulz
Hello,
thank you for your interest in OpenOffice.org . OpenOffice.org is Free
and Open Source Software and can be freely redistributed.
OpenOffice.org is available under the LGPL license as explained here:
http://www.openoffice.org/licenses/lgpl_license.html
Meanwhile, I also suggest you contact the Polish OpenOffice.org
community (http://pl.openoffice.org) who may help you with this.

Best Regards,
Charles-H. Schulz.