Re: Minor amendment to F1 help or formatting windows

Re: Minor amendment to F1 help or formatting windows

Dean.Webber
Good day all,

When someone has a spare moment could these minor amendments be published into the help for Writer, or could the "Area" tabs be renamed to "Background".

Details;

Index - Watermarks

Defining Graphics or Colors in the Background of Pages (Watermark)
1. Choose Format - Page.
2. On the Background tab page, select a background color or a background graphic.

- This should read, on the "Area" tab page, or the area tab should be renamed "Background"

Index - Background

Background
Set the background color or graphic.
You can specify the background for paragraphs, pages, headers, footers, text frames, tables, table cells, sections, and indexes.

To access this command...
Choose Format - Paragraph - Background tab
- This should read, on the "Area" tab, or the area tab should be renamed "Background"
Choose Format - Character - Background tab
- This is correct as displayed
Choose Format - Picture - Background tab
- This should read, on the "Area" tab, or the area tab should be renamed "Background"
Choose Format - Frame/Object - Background tab
- This should read, on the "Area" tab, or the area tab should be renamed "Background"
Choose Format - Page - Background tab
- This should read, on the "Area" tab, or the area tab should be renamed "Background"
Choose Format - Page - Header - More button
- This should read, on the "Format - Page - Header - More button - Area" tab, or the area tab should be renamed "Background"
Choose Format - Page - Footer - More button
- This should read, on the "Format - Page - Header - More button - Area" tab, or the area tab should be renamed "Background"
Choose Format - Styles and Formatting - open context menu of an entry and choose Modify/New - Background tab
- This should read, on the "Area" tab, or the area tab should be renamed "Background"
Choose Insert/Edit - Section - Background tab
- This is correct as displayed

Same Modification in the various other background help pages. Probably easier for someone to do the editing rather than me list all the known occurrences? If someone has knowledge of how to edit, I am happy to communicate with them and find as many occurrences of Background instead of Area as I can :)

** Perhaps it would be easier to modify the naming convention for the tab from Area to Background, and more obvious to users...

I found this when attempting to apply a "Watermark" to the draft document via OpenOffice. At current there seems to be no feature for this, but have instead used a graphic available from the forum, and applied as a background graphic. Watermarks would be a nice feature to have in a future release of AOO, but am content for now 🙂

Have a nice day all,
Dean

Re: Minor amendment to F1 help or formatting windows

Matthias Seidel
Hi Dean,

Am 14.03.21 um 20:15 schrieb Dean.Webber:

> Good day all,
>
> When someone has a spare moment could these minor amendments be published into the help for Writer, or could the "Area" tabs be renamed to "Background".
>
> Details;
>
> Index - Watermarks
>
> Defining Graphics or Colors in the Background of Pages (Watermark)
> 1. Choose Format - Page.
> 2. On the Background tab page, select a background color or a background graphic.
>
> - This should read, on the "Area" tab page, or the area tab should be renamed "Background"
>
> Index - Background
>
> Background
> Set the background color or graphic.
> You can specify the background for paragraphs, pages, headers, footers, text frames, tables, table cells, sections, and indexes.
>
> To access this command...
> Choose Format - Paragraph - Background tab
> - This should read, on the "Area" tab, or the area tab should be renamed "Background"
> Choose Format - Character - Background tab
> - This is correct as displayed
> Choose Format - Picture - Background tab
> - This should read, on the "Area" tab, or the area tab should be renamed "Background"
> Choose Format - Frame/Object - Background tab
> - This should read, on the "Area" tab, or the area tab should be renamed "Background"
> Choose Format - Page - Background tab
> - This should read, on the "Area" tab, or the area tab should be renamed "Background"
> Choose Format - Page - Header - More button
> - This should read, on the "Format - Page - Header - More button - Area" tab, or the area tab should be renamed "Background"
> Choose Format - Page - Footer - More button
> - This should read, on the "Format - Page - Header - More button - Area" tab, or the area tab should be renamed "Background"
> Choose Format - Styles and Formatting - open context menu of an entry and choose Modify/New - Background tab
> - This should read, on the "Area" tab, or the area tab should be renamed "Background"
> Choose Insert/Edit - Section - Background tab
> - This is correct as displayed
>
> Same Modification in the various other background help pages. Probably easier for someone to do the editing rather than me list all the known occurrences? If someone has knowledge of how to edit, I am happy to communicate with them and find as many occurrences of Background instead of Area as I can :)
>
> ** Perhaps it would be easier to modify the naming convention for the tab from Area to Background, and more obvious to users...
>
> I found this when attempting to apply a "Watermark" to the draft document via OpenOffice. At current there seems to be no feature for this, but have instead used a graphic available from the forum, and applied as a background graphic. Watermarks would be a nice feature to have in a future release of AOO, but am content for now 🙂
Which version did you test with?

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Minor amendment to F1 help or formatting windows

Dean.Webber
My bad, am using Apache OpenOffice 4.5.0 (AOO450m1 Build:9900 Rev:facded3995) it an ASF Buildbot realease, Linux.

I am planning to purchase additional hardware in the future, and will be using the 4.1.9 or 4.2.0 builds on those machines for testing purposes. This should align better with the same release you are all using, but for now this 'daily driver' machine is using 4.5.0.

Am 14.03.21 um 20:34 schrieb Dean.Webber:
> My bad, am using Apache OpenOffice 4.5.0 (AOO450m1 Build:9900 Rev:facded3995) it an ASF Buildbot realease, Linux.
>
> I am planning to purchase additional hardware in the future, and will be using the 4.1.9 or 4.2.0 builds on those machines for testing purposes. This should align better with the same release you are all using, but for now this 'daily driver' machine is using 4.5.0.

I just tested with AOO 4.5.0 on Windows 10 (en-US) and the tab is called
"Area" as described in the help file.

Note: There has been a change between 4.1.X and 4.5.0(trunk)/4.2.0.

Regards,

   Matthias