Re: OpenOffice.org Linux/MIPS (EL)

stephan.bergmann
Stephan Bergmann wrote:

> Caolan McNamara wrote:
>> On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 11:04 +0100, Caolan McNamara wrote:
>>> Ideally we would be able to detect this in configure, but I don't know
>>> how to test for bustage :-(
>>
>> Maybe this is a test for it, we could use AC_EGREP_CPP in autoconf to
>> implement it...
>>
>> echo "#include <string>" | g++ -x c++ -E - | grep "visibility
>> push(default)" > /dev/null
>> if [ "$?" -ne "0" ]; then echo need to use stlport; else echo system
>> stl safe; fi
>>
>> This says "system stl safe" for me, what does it say on e.g. the mac
>> gcc ?, and double check on failure that there is no other sort of
>> visibility pragmas or markup
>> in the -E output that might have caused a false negative.
>
> Says "system stl safe" on Mac OS X 10.4 (which uses Apple's GCC 4.0.1).
>
> I will be on vacation for one week, but will try to remember to pick up
> on this again afterwards...

Now that on CWS sb83 I have a choice of either fiddling with the
install_name of the STLport library built by OOo, or dropping STLport
completely from the OOo Mac OS X port, I will give the latter a try (if
nobody has any objections).

-Stephan

[xpost&f'up mac@porting]

Re: OpenOffice.org Linux/MIPS (EL)

Caolán McNamara
On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 13:02 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:

> Now that on CWS sb83 I have a choice of either fiddling with the
> install_name of the STLport library built by OOo, or dropping STLport
> completely from the OOo Mac OS X port, I will give the latter a try (if
> nobody has any objections).

I suggest checking workspace newportstl and see if the new tests in the
configure there pass with macosx. If it all works out ok I guess post
newportstl integration you can just stick a "$_os" = "Darwin" (or
whatever its called) to the DEFAULT_TO_STLPORT="no" section of
configure.in.

C.