Re: Please Could you Advise How I can solve this PLEASE

Re: Please Could you Advise How I can solve this PLEASE

Martin Groenescheij-2

On 04/11/2020 11:19, David Millington wrote:
> When I receive a Word document it does not download completely,
> Parts are are missing

What doe you mean with downloading. Is it downloading from a Website, from

Google Drive or Dropbox or saving or opening it from a mail attachment?

Downloading is not a not part of OpenOffice functionality, but rather
from the
Operating System.

> I have an urgent document to read and have this problem.

If you receive the document via email, ask the sender to send it in PDF
format.

> Ewoud Greatly appreciate your help
> My sincere thanks
> Dave
>> <>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Please Could you Advise How I can solve this PLEASE

Alan Boba-2
Dave,

You identify parts as missing, how are you able to say this is so?

If the document opens without errors or warnings so you are able to see
"parts are missing" then the document has downloaded completely.

The missing parts may be references inside the document to parts that are
located outside the document and inaccessible to you. It is also possible
parts of the document are set to hidden and need to be unhidden to be
visible. The last possibility I can think of is change tracking. Visibility
of comments, changes and revision marks can be set in various ways so it
either looks like a "clean" document with no editing or commenting having
been done or be set to show all or a selected combination of comments,
edits, and revision marks.

The structure of a Word document file is such that if every bit of the file
does not download then Word or OpenOffice would see it as corrupted and
complain when attempting to open it. The design of file download programs
is such that, with rare exceptions, the file downloads completely and
successfully. And if it doesn't download successfully, it is very unlikely
to be recognized as a document file by the computer.

--
Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011