Re: Proposal: Drop Win98 support with OOo 3.0 release

Re: Proposal: Drop Win98 support with OOo 3.0 release

Philipp Lohmann
+1

Martin Hollmichel wrote:

> All,
>
> since the efforts for supporting Windows98 and WindowsME are reasonable
> high and makes maintainability of the code quite hard, I would like to
> propose to drop Windows 98/ME support with the release of OOo 3.0.
> Windows98 is also not supported by MS anymore and since we also want to
> make use of some more advanced features of Vista I think we should be in
> favor to support the move to new Windows version and drop the old ones,
>
> Martin

If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day;
if you teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime.
      -- Author unknown

Re: Proposal: Drop Win98 support with OOo 3.0 release

James Mckenzie
+1.

Supporting a version of Windows no longer maintained by its creator is a
waste of effort.  Only open, fixable bugs should be considered and that
only for 2.x

James McKenzie