Re: Re: [extensions-dev] Specify Platforms for an Extension

Re: Re: [extensions-dev] Specify Platforms for an Extension

stephan.bergmann
Caolan McNamara wrote:
> To cut to the chase of what's causing a problem for us, we simply want
> to be able to continue to do (for new extensions) what we can do now,
> i.e. simply package an extension and in the package removal trigger have
> e.g.
>
> unopkg remove org.openoffice.legacy.writer2latex.uno.pkg

as a bad hack, use unopkg remove on the extension file name instead of
the extension identifier (which is available for backwards
compatibility)  ;)

> and that works regardless of the arch that the extension has been built
> for. The linked-to blog says "Because the extension identifier
> represents the 'logical extension' they must be the same for both
> extensions." So that would seem to indicate that the basic extension
> identifier as used by e.g. unopkg should be the same regardless of the
> architecture, yes ?

should be, yes, my opinion too; however, for that to work, some more
changes apart from introducing <paltform> are necessary---for example,
the online update mechanism has to take <platform> into account...

-Stephan

Re: Re: [extensions-dev] Specify Platforms for an Extension

Rene Engelhard-7
Hi,

Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> should be, yes, my opinion too; however, for that to work, some more
> changes apart from introducing <paltform> are necessary---for example,
> the online update mechanism has to take <platform> into account...

Yes...

As I said in the issue: Please fix the online update mechsnism and
keep the Identifier: the same.

Regards,

Rene