Re: Running a macro

Richard Cleaveland
Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:

> <Snip (a lot)> I will stop being descriptive and simply say go find
> the routine in question, and run it.
>
> Hope that this helps....
>
> I think that I have attached chapter 1 from my published book, perhaps
> it will help a bit.

Thank you for the macro; it works like a charm!  Now I have need for
another bit of help.

I have developed a couple of macros I need to run frequently.  It seems
to me there must be some way to place the macro call on a toolbar - one
click and the macro is run.  I have failed to find out how to do it.

Hint?

Dick

Re: Re: Running a macro

Cor Nouws
Richard Cleaveland wrote:

> I have developed a couple of macros I need to run frequently.  It seems
> to me there must be some way to place the macro call on a toolbar - one
> click and the macro is run.  I have failed to find out how to do it.
> Hint?

Yes, look in the Help for 'customize'

Regards,

Cor

--------------------------------------
|  you need it - je hebt het nodig  |
|                                   |
|          OpenOffice.org           |
|                                   |
| Cor Nouws, http://www.nouenoff.nl |

Re: Re: Running a macro

CPHennessy
On Mon November 21 2005 19:20, Richard Cleaveland wrote:

> Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
> > <Snip (a lot)> I will stop being descriptive and simply say go find
> > the routine in question, and run it.
> >
> > Hope that this helps....
> >
> > I think that I have attached chapter 1 from my published book, perhaps
> > it will help a bit.
>
> Thank you for the macro; it works like a charm!  Now I have need for
> another bit of help.
It's MUCH better to start a new question in a new email.

> I have developed a couple of macros I need to run frequently.  It seems
> to me there must be some way to place the macro call on a toolbar - one
> click and the macro is run.  I have failed to find out how to do it.

Tools -> Customize  -> Keyboard -> New -> Add -> OOo Macro

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Re: Re: Running a macro

Andrew Pitonyak
Richard Cleaveland wrote:

> Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
>
>> <Snip (a lot)> I will stop being descriptive and simply say go find
>> the routine in question, and run it.
>>
>> Hope that this helps....
>>
>> I think that I have attached chapter 1 from my published book,
>> perhaps it will help a bit.
>>
> Thank you for the macro; it works like a charm!  Now I have need for
> another bit of help.
>
> I have developed a couple of macros I need to run frequently.  It
> seems to me there must be some way to place the macro call on a
> toolbar - one click and the macro is run.  I have failed to find out
> how to do it.
> Hint?
>
> Dick

A hint, shure!

Tools | Customize
Click on the toolbars tab
I usually add these to the standard toolbar, so choose this from the
dropdown.
Click the Add button
Scroll down to the macros at the bottom of the list
And I need to go grab a crying baby....

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm