Re: [Status] New Chance for Translation Teams

Re: [Status] New Chance for Translation Teams

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 07/12/2018 Mechtilde wrote:
> now a big step is done.
> - we have a current status for the UI translation in pootle.
> - we will get it for Help translation as soon as possible.

Thanks for the update! It it correct to interpret the above as follows?

- All Pootle languages have now been updated from code for the UI
(aoo40) Pootle project, so they are now all aligned again.

- aoo40help is not aligned yet (for all languages or just for some?) but
it is in the plans to update it.

It is particularly important to know if all languages are aligned since
this helps a lot in coordination, otherwise some teams are working on
one version and some on another one. And as we have reused the old
projects there is no way to tell this besides your report.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [Status] New Chance for Translation Teams

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello Andrea

> On 07/12/2018 Mechtilde wrote:
>> now a big step is done.
>> - we have a current status for the UI translation in pootle.
>> - we will get it for Help translation as soon as possible.
>
> Thanks for the update! It it correct to interpret the above as follows?
>
> - All Pootle languages have now been updated from code for the UI
> (aoo40) Pootle project, so they are now all aligned again.
Yes it is. There were no problems to do so.

> - aoo40help is not aligned yet (for all languages or just for some?) but
> it is in the plans to update it.

I will do the update step-by step. some languages failed with gsicheck
for *sdf. There are some problems with excaping and backslashes. So I
have to take each language manually, create *sdf file, do the gsichesk
and correct them in *sdf and pootle.

then I I neet to do it only one time. But this takes some time

> It is particularly important to know if all languages are aligned since
> this helps a lot in coordination, otherwise some teams are working on
> one version and some on another one. And as we have reused the old
> projects there is no way to tell this besides your report.

The languages I mentioned before have the help files aligned the recent
code base.

If anyone want to work on other languages, please give me a hint and
alittle bit time. I will change the order of correcting the helpfiles then.

> Regards,
>   Andrea.

Kind regards

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice

Am 09.12.18 um 15:47 schrieb Mechtilde:
> Hello Andrea
>
> Am 09.12.18 um 14:24 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>> On 07/12/2018 Mechtilde wrote:
>>> now a big step is done.

>> - aoo40help is not aligned yet (for all languages or just for some?) but
>> it is in the plans to update it.
>
> I will do the update step-by step. some languages failed with gsicheck
> for *sdf. There are some problems with excaping and backslashes. So I
> have to take each language manually, create *sdf file, do the gsichesk
> and correct them in *sdf and pootle.
>
> then I I neet to do it only one time. But this takes some time.
>>
>> It is particularly important to know if all languages are aligned since
>> this helps a lot in coordination, otherwise some teams are working on
>> one version and some on another one. And as we have reused the old
>> projects there is no way to tell this besides your report.
>
> The languages I mentioned before have the help files aligned the recent
> code base.
Now also aoo40help is aligned with the code and with aoo40ui

> If anyone want to work on other languages, please give me a hint and
> alittle bit time. I will change the order of correcting the helpfiles then.
>>
>> Regards,
>>   Andrea

Kind regards