Re: Tagalog spell checking (was Re: [lingu-dev] dictionaries distributed as extension wi

Re: Tagalog spell checking (was Re: [lingu-dev] dictionaries distributed as extension wi

Girard Aquino-2

ah yes.. it's working better than my previous method. tried on the beta.
i can now select to set a different language from the status bar [?] and
"Tagalog" is there...

thanks for the info!!!

Thomas Lange - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote:

> Hi Girard;
>

>> I lost track of the issue numbers, but there are some languages that
>> have available spell check dictionaries but have trouble installing into
>> openoffice because entries are not included. one such is tagalog
>> (tl_PH). what i do to have this installed is edit dictionary.lst and
>> assign tl_PH.dic to english (UK). this way, when i want to use the
>> tagalog spell checker in a document, i select english (UK) in the new
>> status bar. This is because there isn't an entry for Tagalog in the drop
>> down list.
>>
>> the attachment tagalog entry.JPG is a shot of 3.0. however, when i
>> checked my 2.4 installation, i saw an entry from right clicking on the
>> status bar. see "tagalog entry present - x.jpg attachments. i'll try to
>> look for the issue numbers also.
>>

> I just got curious about this Tagalog issue.
> Thus I grabbed s DEV300m10 office and downloaded the dictionary.
> For me it just works fine... And I was using the correct language
> attribute as well.
>
> However since DicOOo 1.8 seems not to work with DEV300m10 I copied the
> dictionary files manually to the respective installation dictionary
> (office-DEV300m10_non-pro\OpenOffice.org\Basis 3.0\share\dict\ooo) and
> added the respective lines to the dictionary.lst:
>
> DICT tl PH tl_PH
> THES tl PH th_pl_PL_v2
>
> No problem found. Everything is working as it should...
> Even language guessing is doing fine. :-)
>
> Can you give it a try as well?
>
> If you have a version with a functional Dictionary Wizard there should
> be no problems at all...
>
> Thomas

Check out Barclays Premier League exclusive video clips here!
http://fc.sg.msn.com/index.aspx