Re: Uninstalling

Fajar Priyanto-2
On Tuesday 08 November 2005 04:12, Jim Lemon wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> After upgrading to FC4, I tried installing OpenOffice v2.0.0.
> Unfortunately, it starts, but as soon as I open a file, it crashes. I
> tried to uninstall as per the FAQ (removing all the RPMs I had
> installed), but there are circular dependencies in the "core" RPMs so
> I'm left with about 8 bits that I can't remove so that I can reinstall
> the version that came with FC4. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi Jim, if you want to uninstall from RPM:
1. Use the Add/remove applications. Search for openoffice. And click them all.
2. or Use the CLI:
rpm -qa | grep openoffice
rpm -e openoffice rpm (list all the rpm resulted from the above command)
HTH,
http://linux2.arinet.org
00:39:14 up 3:42, 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 GNU/Linux

Re: Uninstalling

Jim Lemon
Jim Lemon wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> After upgrading to FC4, I tried installing OpenOffice v2.0.0.
> Unfortunately, it starts, but as soon as I open a file, it crashes. I
> tried to uninstall as per the FAQ (removing all the RPMs I had
> installed), but there are circular dependencies in the "core" RPMs so
> I'm left with about 8 bits that I can't remove so that I can reinstall
> the version that came with FC4. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Further to this, I took a blind leap and just tried to reinstall OO from
the FC4 distribution. Now Writer starts, still advertising itself as
2.0, but doesn't crash when a document is loaded. Calc seems to work,
too. Thus I'm not in a real bind as long as they keep working, but it
would be nice to have a method of uninstalling that is a bit less of a
blind hack.

Jim

Re: Uninstalling

Stew Schneider
On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 00:39 +0700, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi Jim, if you want to uninstall from RPM:
> 1. Use the Add/remove applications. Search for openoffice. And click them all.
> 2. or Use the CLI:
> rpm -qa | grep openoffice
> rpm -e openoffice rpm (list all the rpm resulted from the above command)

Or rpm -e `rpm -qa|grep openoffice`

where the ` is the backtic, the unshifted tilde (~) usually.
--
Stew Schneider
WMMT's Dutchman at 88.7 in the coal fields,