Re: [api-dev] DockingWindows Java

Carsten Driesner
Cristina Scheau wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
>

> Thank you very much for answering me.

Hi Christina,
> I tried to give up on docking support and I've chosen the solution with UNO
> dialogs. My dialog with the tree control should be non-modal. If the current
> document window is the parent of my window , my window is not modal . (the
> user cannot change the focus window- document).
There is something I don't understand in your last two sentences. For me
it looks like a conflict. If a window is not in modal mode a user CAN
change the focus. E.g. the file dialog always starts in modal mode and
you cannot change focus to the dependent document window.
> If I set the parent to be
> the desktop , the two windows are totally  independent. In this case I have
> to handle manually every event like closing the window, resizing it etc (
> when the user closes the document window I need my  small dialog to be
> closed too). Is there any other alternative that allows the two windows to
> be dependent, but also the focus to be changed?

How do you start the dialog? Please don't use execute() which starts the
dialog in modal mode. You have to use show() otherwise you could see the
described behavior. I also have cross posted your question to the gsl
mailing list where we have experts for the GUI part.

Regards,
Carsten