Re: [discuss] reference management with OOo writer ?

Re: [discuss] reference management with OOo writer ?

David Wilson-8
On Tuesday 03 October 2006 11:02 am, you wrote:

> Nemo Peeters wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am considering moving from MS office to OOo. For my work, I use
> > Endnote with Word to cite and also manage my db of publications. I'd
> > like to hear from people who have found good alternatives to this with
> > OOo writer. I have heard of Bibus, anyone can share their experience
> > on this.

Nemo,

        The openoffice bibliographic project has a couple of suggestions on its web
page - http://bibliographic.openoffice.org.

" You may like to look at the applications B3 or Jabref, both of which have a
nice user interface and can write bibliographic records to a Openoffice
Bibliographic text database. Bibus is a Bibliography application with good
integration with OpenOffice."

I have forwarded this to the users@bibliographic list and you might get some
comments from there.

( I have not been able to build Bibus on my system, but I understand it works
well).

You should also consider the limitations of the OOo Bibliographic components
before you use it for serious work such as a dissertation, book or thesis.
See http://bibliographic.openoffice.org/deficiencies.html

Good luck

David

Re: Re: [discuss] reference management with OOo writer ?

Bernd Schubert-6
Hi David,

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 12:47, David Wilson wrote:
> ( I have not been able to build Bibus on my system, but I understand it
> works well).

actually you don't need to build/compile it. You can just download and run the
bibus.py script.

Cheers,
Bernd

--