Re: [discuss] web based open office

Paul
Some pundits believe that this is exactly what may happen with Sun/Google
alliance...
 Its all a wait and see game....
 /paul

 On 11/10/05, John <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm saying put openoffice up on the web and let everyone on the internet
> use it. Not just putting openoffice on a server and letting people in the
> intranet use it.

Feel free... I think however its the rendering the whole thing in a web
browser that may take some time instead of using any type of client
software.
 /paul

 On 11/10/05, John <[hidden email]> wrote:

>   Why wait for google to do it? It shouldn't be that difficult to port the
> code especially if there's a server/clinet version out there.

Re: Re: [discuss] web based open office

Konrad Stobiecki
Dnia 10-11-2005, czw o godzinie 08:40 +1300, Paul napisa?(a):
> Some pundits believe that this is exactly what may happen with Sun/Google
> alliance...
>  Its all a wait and see game....
>  /paul
> http://www.builderau.com.au/program/work/soa/Sun_and_Google_shake_hands/0,39024650,39212301,00.htm

I think Microsoft is starting to give up the floor slowly, no longer
advertising his office product a good choice for home use, but rather
trying to show its usefulness in professional office, with its "Share
Point" - easyness of sharing documents between office workers and
implicit advanced business functionality. As for Sun/Google alliance, if
I were to state my opinion, I would only say that the Summer Of Code was
cool and I would like such an event during the upcoming summer.

--
Konrad Stobiecki ( e-mail: [hidden email] )
Visit http://pl.openoffice.org , http://www.hyperjump4.com