Re: https://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html#internet

Marcus (OOo)
Am 06.06.20 um 20:27 schrieb Dave Fisher:
> Thanks for pointing out where the OpenOffice volunteers could provide better instructions.

I don't see what should be improved here.

When reading the instruction again it's clear that not the downloaded
AOO file should be opened but the downloaded SHA256 / MD5 file.

A sceenshot from the hash tool can be seen here:
https://www.krylack.com/file-checksum-tool/

HTH

Marcus

>> On Jun 6, 2020, at 11:03 AM, B Sasz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> ·         Section "4) Verify With": Paste the hash from the SHA256 / MD5 file you have downloaded. First you have to open it and copy the hash value.
>>
>> Really? This is not an option in Windows. Totally Bogus. LIES. PRINT A SCREENSHOT!
>> Also Please clarify that opening the downloaded file won’t infect your machine…? Really? Does anyone believe that? Idon’t think so

Re: https://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html#internet

Dave Fisher-2
We no longer produce MD5 files. Instead we have SHA256 and SHA512. Users need only check one and not the other. Instructions are complex and involve multiple choices.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone