Re: [interface-announce] Re: info/cws smarttags3 : Introduction of new Smart Tag API

Re: [interface-announce] Re: info/cws smarttags3 : Introduction of new Smart Tag API

Mathias Bauer
Hi Jakob,

thanks for your reply. In general we try to move discussions about
interfaces to "interface-discuss". I forward your mail to this list and
hope that you don't mind following up there.

Ciao,
Mathias

Jakob Lechner wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  <frank.meies <at> sun.com> writes:
>>

>>           Type: info
>>          Title: Introduction of new Smart Tag API
>>      Posted by: frank.meies <at> sun.com
>>       Affected: sw
>> Effective from: cws smarttags3
>>
>> *Summary*
>> --------
>> New Smart Tag API in ::com::sun::star::smarttags
>>
>> *Description*
>> -------------
>> With OOo 2.2, a first draft of a Smart Tag API has been introduced.
>> That API only provided some basic Smart Tag functionality which had to
>> be enhanced in many regards. An overview about Smart Tags and the
>> current (OOo 2.2) Smart Tag API can be found here:
>>
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Smart_Tags
>>
>> [...]
>

> I would like to propose an extension of this API:
>
> There is a XController argument passed on to the invokeAction method in
> order to be able to execute actions that interact with the opened
> document. I believe it would make sense to add this parameter to some
> other methods, e.g. the recognize method and the methods which specify
> the actions of a SmartTagType. This way it would be possible to write
> dynamic smarttag components. The behavior of the recognizers and the
> corresponding actions could be adapted to the currently active document.
> You may call it "document-specific smarttag components".
>
> A simple example: Maybe somebody wants to write a smarttag component
> that is able to recognize the occurrence of the author's name in the
> text. In this case the recognize method needs to know the document
> handler so the content of the author field can be retrieved.
>
> Thus I would add a XController parameter in following methods:
>
> com.sun.star.smarttags.XSmartTagRecognizer
> - recognize
>
> com.sun.star.smarttags.XSmartTagAction
>
> - getActionCount
> - getActionID
> - getActionNameFromID
> - isCaptionDynamic
> - isShowSmartTagIndicator
>

> Best regards

Please don't reply to "[hidden email]".

Re: Re: [interface-announce] Re: info/cws smarttags3 : Introduction of new Smart Tag API

Frank Meies
Hi Jakob,

> Jakob Lechner wrote:
>
>>> *Summary*
>>> --------
>>> New Smart Tag API in ::com::sun::star::smarttags
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> I would like to propose an extension of this API:
[...]

>> Thus I would add a XController parameter in following methods:
>>
>> com.sun.star.smarttags.XSmartTagRecognizer
>> - recognize
>>
>> com.sun.star.smarttags.XSmartTagAction
>>
>> - getActionCount
>> - getActionID
>> - getActionNameFromID
>> - isCaptionDynamic
>> - isShowSmartTagIndicator

thank you for your comments. I think your proposal makes perfectly
sense. I'll change the interfaces accordingly.

Best Regards,

Frank