Re: [interface-announce] required/OOG680.m2 : css::chart2::XTitled method names changed

Re: [interface-announce] required/OOG680.m2 : css::chart2::XTitled method names changed

frank.schoenheit
Hello Bjoern,

> *Summary*
> --------
> -XTitle getTitle()
> -setTitle( [in] XTitle Title )
> +XTitle getTitleObject()
> +setTitleObject( [in] XTitle Title )
>
> *Description*
> -------------
> The methods of this (unpublished) API were changed due to a name-clash
> with the old API css::chart::XChartDocument, which had also a
> getTitle() method. In Basic scripts for a chart document there was no
> way to differentiate the expression oDoc.Title

about the "no way" ...

oDoc.com_sun_star_chart_XChartDocument_getTitle() vs.
oDoc.com_sun_star_chart2_XTitled_getTitle() would have done it.
Admittedly, this is far from being readable or convenient, but I wanted
to take the chance to advertise this rarely known feature of the Basic
UNO binding :)
(And yes, changing the names in the API definition is definitely the
better way.)

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [hidden email] -
- Sun Microsystems                      http://www.sun.com/staroffice -