Re: libgcc3_urp.so

stephan.bergmann
Ognen Duzlevski wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to convert a doc file (M$Word) to html. For that I am
> using ooexract.py which can be found here: http://udk.openoffice.org/
> python/samples/ooextract.py
>
> I run my soffice (2.0) as recommended on the pyuno pages: soffice "-
> accept=socket,host=localhost,port=2002;urp;"
>
> So, when I run the script with: python ooextract.py --html mydoc.doc  -
> it segfaults.
>
> strace of the process shows that a library libgcc3_urp.so is looked  up
> but it does not exist on the system. Even stranger, google-ing for  it
> produces absolutely no hits.

A library named libgcc3_uno.so (note the difference) is part of the OOo
installation, in the program/ directory.  Don't know if that is of any
help to you.

-Stephan

> Can anyone shed any light on this? The box is a Fedora Core 4 if that
> makes a difference...
>
> Thanks,
> Ognen

Re: libgcc3_urp.so

Daniel Boelzle

Hello Ognen,

> strace of the process shows that a library libgcc3_urp.so is looked
> up but it does not exist on the system. Even stranger, google-ing for
> it produces absolutely no hits.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this? The box is a Fedora Core 4 if that
> makes a difference...

It is ok that libgcc3_urp.so is looked up (once).
Background: UNO tries to load a directly matching bridge first (bridging
in between "gcc3" to "urp").  If this bridge is not available, a bridge
is build up connecting two bridges to (binary) "uno", i.e.
libgcc3_uno.so and liburp_uno.so:

"gcc3" <-> "uno" <-> "urp"

HTH,
-Daniel

Re: libgcc3_urp.so

Ognen Duzlevski-3

On Nov 15, 2005, at 3:59 AM, Daniel Boelzle wrote:

> Hello Ognen,
>
>> strace of the process shows that a library libgcc3_urp.so is looked
>> up but it does not exist on the system. Even stranger, google-ing for
>> it produces absolutely no hits.
>>
>> Can anyone shed any light on this? The box is a Fedora Core 4 if that
>> makes a difference...
>
> It is ok that libgcc3_urp.so is looked up (once).

Hi Daniel,

well, the library is being looked up in all sorts of directories.
When it is not found on the system, there is a segfault.

> Background: UNO tries to load a directly matching bridge first
> (bridging
> in between "gcc3" to "urp").  If this bridge is not available, a
> bridge
> is build up connecting two bridges to (binary) "uno", i.e.
> libgcc3_uno.so and liburp_uno.so:
>
> "gcc3" <-> "uno" <-> "urp"

OK, I see. Still, this does not make it any clearer to me as to why a
segmentation fault occurs when the library cannot be found :)

Thanks,
Ognen

Re: libgcc3_urp.so

Daniel Boelzle

Hello Ognen,

>>It is ok that libgcc3_urp.so is looked up (once).
>

> Hi Daniel,
>
> well, the library is being looked up in all sorts of directories.

Well, this depends on your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

> When it is not found on the system, there is a segfault.

Different problem then, get a stack trace of that segfault and file an
issue.

-Daniel

Re: libgcc3_urp.so

Ognen Duzlevski-3
On Nov 15, 2005, at 7:33 AM, Daniel Boelzle wrote:

> Hello Ognen,
>
>>> It is ok that libgcc3_urp.so is looked up (once).
>>

>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> well, the library is being looked up in all sorts of directories.
>
> Well, this depends on your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

No, what I am trying to say is that this library is not on the
system.  locate libgcc3_urp does not come up with anything, neither
does an exhaustive find...

>> When it is not found on the system, there is a segfault.
>
> Different problem then, get a stack trace of that segfault and file an
> issue.

Will do. Thanks!
Ognen