Re: [mac] changed AquaSalGraphics implementation

Re: [mac] changed AquaSalGraphics implementation

eric b-3
Hi Philipp,

Philipp Lohmann a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> attached you'll find a changed implementation for AquaSalGraphics.

Ufff ... what a change !

> This implements the new way of only painting to a back buffer and only
> updating to the window if a system event requests it (or the frame is
> flushed).

Indeed, I have seen a lot of BeginGraphics() / EndGraphics removed ..

> I found no more problems in comparison to the aquavcl01 checked in
> version and an outdevgrind test (vcl's performance measuring tool to be
> found in vcl/workben) shows that performance almost over the board is
> considerably better.

Very interesting. How use this tool btw ?

The speed was already very correct, but if you improve things, nobody
will vry :-)

> However since it's a quite invasive patch I'd like
> people to play with it and find severe problems before I commit it.

FYI, because of some changes I did this week end in
salnativewidgets.cxx, some huncks didn't apply, and I provided a new
patch, (to be applied from sources root).

New patch =>
http://eric.bachard.free.fr/mac/aquavcl/patches/aquavcl01_may2007/new_aquasalgraphics/aqua_new.diff

Note : I removed another hunck, for some control, but this is very
harmless (concerns cosmetics with indentation)

Just sometimes the refresh looks not complete, e.g. :
http://eric.bachard.free.fr/mac/aquavcl/patches/aquavcl01_may2007/new_aquasalgraphics/new_aquasalgraphics01.jpg

But this is maybe my fault...

> Unless someone objects until tomorrow evening (german time) I'll commit
> this patch.

We'll have a look, and test and test and ...   :)

Kind regards,
Eric

Re: [mac] changed AquaSalGraphics implementation

eric b-3
After some tries, some funky effects :

http://eric.bachard.free.fr/mac/aquavcl/patches/aquavcl01_may2007/
new_aquasalgraphics/new_aquasalgraphics03.jpg

Other known issues are :  black frame before every frame drawn, Text
in popup menus are moving from several pixels, parts not redrawn.

Else, I must admit the suite seems to run really faster than before ...

... to be continued

Eric

P.S. : IMHO, only one day before before to commit such change is a
bit short, no ?