Re: new/CWS tkr06 : UNO awt dialogs and tab pages support background image property

Re: new/CWS tkr06 : UNO awt dialogs and tab pages support background image property

frank.schoenheit
Hi Carsten,

> Due to developer demand a new property for dialogs and tab pages has
> been added to uno awt toolkit. It addresses an image URL which is used
> to display as a background image. The property can be used with the
> property browsers of the dialog editor within the Basic IDE.
> You can find more information in the specification.
>
> *Specification URL*
> -------------------
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Framework/Specification/Background_Bitmap_For_Dialogs_And_Tabs

I miss the programmatic property name from the spec, the announcement,
and the IDL files. At least the latter should document it, so the next
version of the online IDL reference will contain it.

Also, please note that all other control models which support an image
URL (as "ImageURL") for quite a while now also support a property
"Graphic", which allows to use graphics obtained from elsewhere (see
http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=interface-announce&msgNo=978).
You might want to add this property to the dialogs/tab pages, too, for
reasons of consistency.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [hidden email] -
- Sun Microsystems                      http://www.sun.com/staroffice -

Re: Re: new/CWS tkr06 : UNO awt dialogs and tab pages support background image property

Carsten Driesner
Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
>> Due to developer demand a new property for dialogs and tab pages has
>> been added to uno awt toolkit. It addresses an image URL which is used
>> to display as a background image. The property can be used with the
>> property browsers of the dialog editor within the Basic IDE.
>> You can find more information in the specification.
>>
>> *Specification URL*
>> -------------------
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Framework/Specification/Background_Bitmap_For_Dialogs_And_Tabs
>
> I miss the programmatic property name from the spec, the announcement,
> and the IDL files. At least the latter should document it, so the next
> version of the online IDL reference will contain it.
>
> Also, please note that all other control models which support an image
> URL (as "ImageURL") for quite a while now also support a property
> "Graphic", which allows to use graphics obtained from elsewhere (see
> http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=interface-announce&msgNo=978).
> You might want to add this property to the dialogs/tab pages, too, for
> reasons of consistency.

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the hint with the IDL file. Fixed now on the CWS and
specification.

I already added the "Graphic" property to the UnoControlDialogModel as
it was done for the other controls with image support.

Regards,
Carsten