Re: open office drawings

Franco A Bignone
Hello !

I am new to this list and I would like to ask a question. I have been
using the 'drawing' program for some time and I have found it,
aside from the lack of some capabilities, very powerful for large
and complex drawings. I would like to use it as an automatic
system to draw, so my question is .... is there any possibility to
give the program a file with a list of instructions in order to
build a drawing ? How much is it difficult to change it in order
to do so ?

Regards

Franco

Re: Re: open office drawings

Michele Zarri
On 12/05/06, Franco A. Bignone <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I am new to this list and I would like to ask a question. I have been
> using the 'drawing' program for some time and I have found it,
> aside from the lack of some capabilities, very powerful for large
> and complex drawings. I would like to use it as an automatic
> system to draw, so my question is .... is there any possibility to
> give the program a file with a list of instructions in order to
> build a drawing ? How much is it difficult to change it in order
> to do so ?
>
> Regards
>
> Franco

> Hello Franco,

You can certainly program macros to automate your drawing, and there are
some quite impressive (at least for me) examples here:
http://www.ooomacros.org/user.php#91518

Finally, note that there is also an Italian list of users that you may
consider joining:
[hidden email]

Cheers,

Michele

Re: Re: open office drawings

Tom Schindl
You need to learn the UNO-API
(http://api.openoffice.org/DevelopersGuide/DevelopersGuide.html) and if
you have questions don't hesitate to ask on [hidden email].

Tom

Franco A. Bignone wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I am new to this list and I would like to ask a question. I have been
> using the 'drawing' program for some time and I have found it,
> aside from the lack of some capabilities, very powerful for large
> and complex drawings. I would like to use it as an automatic
> system to draw, so my question is .... is there any possibility to
> give the program a file with a list of instructions in order to
> build a drawing ? How much is it difficult to change it in order
> to do so ?
>
> Regards
>
> Franco

Re: Re: open office drawings