Re: [webmasters] Filters

Louis Suárez-Potts-3
Hello,

On 2005-12-02, at 13:58 , Campmorice wrote:

> I have typed files, saved them to My Documents and when I try to
> open them, a Systems Filter window opens and I cannot access my files.
> Question: how do I get rid of the filter?

This message is more appropriate for our users list, and I am
forwarding it there. The address is <[hidden email]>.  You can
view responses via the archives and subscribe to the list from
<http://www.openoffice.org/mail_list.html>.

We also have a support project, <http://support.openoffice.org/>,
which lists free community support as well as commercial support.

And, try our set up guide,

2.0: <http://documentation.openoffice.org/setup_guide2/2.x/en/
SETUP_GUIDE.pdf>

Best,

Louis Suarez-Potts
Community Manager
OpenOffice.org

Re: Re: [webmasters] Filters

Paul
You'll have to describe what format you saved the files in.  What do
the file end with - is it a .odt, or .doc ....  What type of Operating
System are you using?  Little more info required before assistance can
be given..

/paul

On 12/3/05, Louis Suarez-Potts <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> On 2005-12-02, at 13:58 , Campmorice wrote:
>
> > I have typed files, saved them to My Documents and when I try to
> > open them, a Systems Filter window opens and I cannot access my files.
> > Question: how do I get rid of the filter?
> >

> This message is more appropriate for our users list, and I am
> forwarding it there. The address is <[hidden email]>.  You can
> view responses via the archives and subscribe to the list from
> <http://www.openoffice.org/mail_list.html>.
>
> We also have a support project, <http://support.openoffice.org/>,
> which lists free community support as well as commercial support.
>
> And, try our set up guide,
>
> 2.0: <http://documentation.openoffice.org/setup_guide2/2.x/en/
> SETUP_GUIDE.pdf>
>
> Best,
>
> Louis Suarez-Potts
> Community Manager
> OpenOffice.org

Re: Re: [webmasters] Filters

Paul
Is the name of the file .txt or .sxw ... If its the later and you have
OOo installed it should open in that.  If it does not, then it could
be your file associations that are not set correctly.

/paul