Re: [webmasters] Using openoffice

Jacqueline McNally
Richard Denison wrote:

> I am not a computer whiz and don't care to be, however I find this
> program very UN-user friendly.  Two simple questions and the search
> engine just leads to nowhere but complications.  #1 -  I would like
> to find a simple template to make a scheduling calendar for different
>  months.  Just a simple 8 1/2 X 11 that I can fill in and #2 - does
> this program not have a simple undo and redo icon?
>
> Even finding the correct link to contact you was way to combersome.
>
> Richard

Hello Richard

Thank you for your message.

You do not need to be a "computer whiz" to use OpenOffice.org. However,
OpenOffice.org does not claim or attempt to replicate other office suites.

To seek support and assistance from volunteers contributing to
OpenOffice.org, you may post a message to our users list. Many more
people are subscribed to this list that may be able to answer your
question and or have alternative solutions. I have forwarded your
message there.

If you are not subscribed to the [users] list, then you may not receive
a reply as responses automatically go to the list. To subscribe to this
list, to view the archives, and to see other lists, please go to our
main mail list page, http://www.openoffice.org/mail_list.html.

I suspect that in order to provide assistance that more information will
be required than you have supplied here.

Additional support options for OpenOffice.org are available by clicking
the "Support Tab", to display: http://support.openoffice.org/index.html
This web page is available from all OpenOffice.org web pages.

All the best and thank you for supporting OpenOffice.org.

Regards
Jacqueline McNally
Lead, OpenOffice.org Marketing Project

Are you a computer angel? (www.computerangels.org.au)
Linux.conf.au 2006 (www.linux.conf.au)

Re: Using openoffice - calendar templates, undo/redo icon

Jeff Causey
Richard,

A couple spots for calendar templates:

http://ooomacros.org/user.php#103127
http://www.cybersite.com.au/openoffice/templates
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/it/itaids/publish/027/

Looks like there are several options/versions available, so you'll
probably have to do a bit of research and testing to figure out which
works best for your needs.

As for the undo and redo icons, I think they should be on the main
toolbar (one is an arrow curving to the left and one to the right).  It
has been a long time since I've done an "original" install, but I think
they should be there by default.  If not, you should be able to
customize the toolbar to include them.  From the menubar, View -->
Toolbars --> Customize.  Make sure you are looking at the listing for
the "Standard" toolbar.  Scroll down the available icons until you see
them and check the boxes next to them (oddly enough, they are labeled
"Can't undo" and "Can't redo" - not sure why that would be, but those
are the ones you are looking for).

HTH,

Jeff Causey