Re: [webmasters] installing OpenOffice.org

Re: [webmasters] installing OpenOffice.org

Louis Suárez-Potts-3
hi

On 2005-11-16, at 15:03 , [hidden email] wrote:

> Dear OpenOffice,
>
> OpenOffice.org installs into my C: drive automatically.
>
> My C: drive is small and crowded, but there is plenty of space on
> other drives.
>
> Is it possible to install to a user-chosen drive?
>
> If not, this is for me a major problem with an otherwise magnificent
> piece of software.
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> David Judge.

This message is more appropriate for our users list, and I am
forwarding it there. The address is <[hidden email]>.  You can
view responses via the archives and subscribe to the list from
<http://www.openoffice.org/mail_list.html>.

We also have a support project, <http://support.openoffice.org/>,
which lists free community support as well as commercial support.

And, try our instructions pages,

1.1.x: <http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/instructions.html>

2.0: <http://download.openoffice.org/2.0beta/instructions.html>

Best,

Louis Suarez-Potts
Community Manager
OpenOffice.org

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Re: [webmasters] installing OpenOffice.org

Dave Barton-5
On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 18:27 -0500, Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:

> hi
>
> On 2005-11-16, at 15:03 , [hidden email] wrote:
>
> > Dear OpenOffice,
> >
> > OpenOffice.org installs into my C: drive automatically.
> >
> > My C: drive is small and crowded, but there is plenty of space on
> > other drives.
> >
> > Is it possible to install to a user-chosen drive?
> >
> > If not, this is for me a major problem with an otherwise magnificent
> > piece of software.
> >
> > Yours sincerely,
> >
> > David Judge.

Use the "Custom" installation. You can then choose your own installation
path.

HTH
Dave

Re: Re: [webmasters] installing OpenOffice.org

david.judge
Dear Dave Barton,

Thank you very much for your kind help.

With hindsight I feel very foolish for not having tried Custom myself,
but it just didn't occur to me, and wouldn't have without your
message.

All is now well.

Thanks again,

David Judge.