Read microsoft documents in Open Office

D Murray
Since updating my Mac with the latest OS (Mojave) I am informed that my
Microsoft docs and spreadsheets will not be recognised after a certain
period.  Will I be able to open these files in Open Office?

Thank you

Duncan Murray

Re: Read microsoft documents in Open Office

Wade Smart-2
Do you recall the exact wording of this message?

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 8:22 AM D Murray <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Since updating my Mac with the latest OS (Mojave) I am informed that my
> Microsoft docs and spreadsheets will not be recognised after a certain
> period.  Will I be able to open these files in Open Office?
>
> Thank you
>
> Duncan Murray

Re: Read microsoft documents in Open Office

Howard Blum
Did you download from the official site or elsewhere? I upgraded to Mojave
and have never seen that message.

https://www.openoffice.org/download/

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018, 6:24 AM Wade Smart <[hidden email] wrote:

> Do you recall the exact wording of this message?
>
> --
> Registered Linux User: #480675
> Registered Linux Machine: #408606
> Linux since June 2005
>
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 8:22 AM D Murray <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Since updating my Mac with the latest OS (Mojave) I am informed that my
> > Microsoft docs and spreadsheets will not be recognised after a certain
> > period.  Will I be able to open these files in Open Office?
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Duncan Murray

Re: Read microsoft documents in Open Office

Martin Groenescheij

> On 21 Dec 2018, at 01:21, D Murray <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Since updating my Mac with the latest OS (Mojave) I am informed that my
> Microsoft docs and spreadsheets will not be recognised after a certain
> period.

Who did inform you?
Your Microsoft docs and spreadsheets will always be recognised, the question is will you be able to open
them with your current version of MS Office. I don’t know which version you run on your Mac so it’s hard
to guess what the issue is.

>  Will I be able to open these files in Open Office?

OpenOffice is able to open MS office word and spreadsheet, but there could be some minor formatting issues.