Recover previous documents

Patricia Prinkey
I do not know if or how to recover documents. I had to get another HD and with it went the open office documents. Any help would be appreciated.  Ty!

Re: Recover previous documents

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 7 Jan 2020 15:12:56 +0000
Patricia Prinkey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I do not know if or how to recover documents. I had to get another HD and with it went the open office documents. Any help would be appreciated.  Ty!

The documents are read and written buy OpenOffice, but they are not stored in OpenOffice or in a cloud controlled by OpenOffice.  They are on your old hard disk, and must be physically transferred from that to your new hard disk.

Think of it this way.  You write a book using your typewriter (OpenOffice) in your old home; you keep your documents in a filing cabinet (your old hard disk) there.  Now you move to a new house. You buy a new typewriter (a new install  of OpenOffice).  But your documents are still in the Filing Cabinet in your old house.  You have to go and get them, and carry them to your new house.

As soon as possible, locate the old hard disk (or the old computer containing it), and arrange to transfer the documents from that hard disk to your new one.  You may need to cobtact your computer store or IT support - do this soonest, before the old hard disk/computer is junked.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Recover previous documents

Steven Ahlers
Another choice would be to restore from your backup. How to do it depends on what you used for backup and your operating system.

Sent from my iPhone