Red Underlining

Pat Carroll
Hello,

I am a very happy user of the Open Office package and have been for quite some time!

I encountered something today that is mystifying me! As you can see in the clip below, there is a Squiggly Red Line under virtually every word (The same marking for spelling errors).  I would like to correct this.

I am assuming it has to do with a dictionary, but I cannot seem to correct it! Any help would be appreciated

Thank You

Pat

--
______________________________________
Patrick (Pat) Carr

Cardac Systems Inc.
A member of the Wescan Group of Companies

www.cardacsystems.com
www.wescangoc.com

1049 Logan Ave.
Winnipeg, MB Canada R3E-1P6

Ph:     (204) 786-3384 x267
24Hr:  (204) 654-3030

Re: Red Underlining

Rory O'Farrell
On Mon, 5 Jun 2017 14:49:54 -0500
Pat Carroll <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a very happy user of the Open Office package and have been for quite
> some time!
>
> I encountered something today that is mystifying me! As you can see in the
> clip below, there is a Squiggly Red Line under virtually every word (The
> same marking for spelling errors).  I would like to correct this.
>
> I am assuming it has to do with a dictionary, but I cannot seem to correct
> it! Any help would be appreciated
>
> Thank You
>
> Pat
>
> [image: Inline image 1]

> Patrick (Pat) Carroll
> President

Start by renaming your OpenOffice user profile.

If you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer (sometimes called Windows Explorer)
Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a
good choice. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems; the red underlining is caused by a spellcheck problem.
.
--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Red Underlining

Rory O'Farrell
I am informed that this problem has now been solved.

RoryOF

On Mon, 5 Jun 2017 21:13:29 +0100
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Jun 2017 14:49:54 -0500
> Pat Carroll <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am a very happy user of the Open Office package and have been for quite
> > some time!
> >
> > I encountered something today that is mystifying me! As you can see in the
> > clip below, there is a Squiggly Red Line under virtually every word (The
> > same marking for spelling errors).  I would like to correct this.
> >
> > I am assuming it has to do with a dictionary, but I cannot seem to correct
> > it! Any help would be appreciated
> >
> > Thank You
> >
> > Pat
> >
> > [image: Inline image 1]
> >
> > --
> > ______________________________________
> > Patrick (Pat) Carroll
> > President
>
> Start by renaming your OpenOffice user profile.
>
> If you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
> Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer (sometimes called Windows Explorer)
> Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a
> good choice. Start OpenOffice.
>
> This cures most spellcheck problems; the red underlining is caused by a spellcheck problem.
> .
> --
> Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Red Underlining

Maurice Howe-2
Couldn't this routine be encapsulated into an auto-response to the
never-ending spellcheck blather, and "be done with it"?

Maurice Howe