Registering Open Office.

Raymond Pirkl
I have been using Open Office for several years and loved  it until today.  I used to get a registration message maybe twice each year.
Now I get a Registration request two times a week.  Also each time I register, the past messages  or letters I write, they disappear from the file on the opening page and The Most Recent Open File listing.  How about stopping your constant requests asking me to constantly register my program?  It is time consuming, frustrating  and costly when I have to keep searching for a past opened file that are put back into my general memory storage that I have to find so I can reopen the document. Help!!

Thanks,

Raymond

Re: Registering Open Office.

Rory O'Farrell
On Fri, 25 Sep 2020 13:08:17 -0700
Raymond Pirkl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have been using Open Office for several years and loved  it until today.  I used to get a registration message maybe twice each year.
> Now I get a Registration request two times a week.  Also each time I register, the past messages  or letters I write, they disappear from the file on the opening page and The Most Recent Open File listing.  How about stopping your constant requests asking me to constantly register my program?  It is time consuming, frustrating  and costly when I have to keep searching for a past opened file that are put back into my general memory storage that I have to find so I can reopen the document. Help!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Raymond

This is most possibly due to over-hasty power-off of computer or closure of laptop lid, before the file housekeeping has been written to disk, or to computer or program crash.  Do not let your computer sleep/hibernate with a document open.  When you have formally closed down the computer, wait five or ten seconds before pulling the power lead or closing the laptop lid, to allow the internal buffers of the hard drive flush to disk.  This will save your user details and the list of your recent
documents.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>