Registering a Template in Calc

WA.TWORSX via AOL-2
AOO415m1(Build:9789)  -  Rev. 1817496
2017-12-11 17:25

Win10-64 bit Home w/desktop PC

________________________________

I am wondering if there is a better method to use to "register" a newly
created template in AOO-Calc.  What I have just done is;

 1. Delete content of any and all cells that contain numeric data and/or
    unwanted text strings within an existing, similar, Calc spreadsheet
    (.ods)
 2. Save the spreadsheet file in a template file format (.ots)
 3. Use Windows File Explorer to drill down to the 'template' folder,
    (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user\template), and
 4. Save the newly created template

Step 3. above takes a bit of time to finish.  Is there an easier way to
accomplish this task within AOO-Calc?  Can someone point me to the
relevant documentation or offer an easier procedure?

Thanks for reading this, and please stay safe.

VinceB.

Re: Registering a Template in Calc

Joost Andrae-2
Hi VinceB,

just use menu item File->Templates->Save...
to save a template.

Within the File->Templates menu you'll find also a dialog to organize
templates.

Kind regards, Joost

Am 15.05.2020 um 19:04 schrieb WA.TWORSX via AOL:

> AOO415m1(Build:9789)  -  Rev. 1817496
> 2017-12-11 17:25
>
> Win10-64 bit Home w/desktop PC
>
> ________________________________
>

> I am wondering if there is a better method to use to "register" a newly
> created template in AOO-Calc.  What I have just done is;
>
> 1. Delete content of any and all cells that contain numeric data and/or
>     unwanted text strings within an existing, similar, Calc spreadsheet
>     (.ods)
> 2. Save the spreadsheet file in a template file format (.ots)
> 3. Use Windows File Explorer to drill down to the 'template' folder,
>     (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user\template), and
> 4. Save the newly created template
>
> Step 3. above takes a bit of time to finish.  Is there an easier way to
> accomplish this task within AOO-Calc?  Can someone point me to the
> relevant documentation or offer an easier procedure?
>
> Thanks for reading this, and please stay safe.
>
> VinceB.

Re: Registering a Template in Calc

WA.TWORSX via AOL-2

Thank you Joost;

I spent some time today attempting to organize a rather long list of
templates under My Templates in the Template Management pop-up dialogue
window.  I have Templates selected in both near the bottom of the
Management window.

When I double-click on My Templates  within the left-side pane, I see my
20, or so, existing templates.  I would like to organize them into sub
folders; e.g., Bowling Templates, Inventory Templates, Budgeting
Templates, etc.  However, after using Commands > New   Insert, and then
doing Commands > Update, I am NOT seeing any difference; was expecting
to see a slot for me to enter name of my new sub-folder; e.g., Bowing
Templates.

What am I missing?

Regards, and stay safe.

VinceB.

On 5/16/2020 10:03 AM, Joost Andrae wrote:

> Hi VinceB,
>
> just use menu item File->Templates->Save...
> to save a template.
>
> Within the File->Templates menu you'll find also a dialog to organize
> templates.
>
> Kind regards, Joost
>
> Am 15.05.2020 um 19:04 schrieb WA.TWORSX via AOL:
>> AOO415m1(Build:9789)  -  Rev. 1817496
>> 2017-12-11 17:25
>>
>> Win10-64 bit Home w/desktop PC
>>
>> ________________________________
>>

>> I am wondering if there is a better method to use to "register" a
>> newly created template in AOO-Calc.  What I have just done is;
>>
>> 1. Delete content of any and all cells that contain numeric data and/or
>>     unwanted text strings within an existing, similar, Calc spreadsheet
>>     (.ods)
>> 2. Save the spreadsheet file in a template file format (.ots)
>> 3. Use Windows File Explorer to drill down to the 'template' folder,
>> (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user\template), and
>> 4. Save the newly created template
>>
>> Step 3. above takes a bit of time to finish.  Is there an easier way
>> to accomplish this task within AOO-Calc?  Can someone point me to the
>> relevant documentation or offer an easier procedure?
>>
>> Thanks for reading this, and please stay safe.
>>
>> VinceB.

Re: Registering a Template in Calc

Brian Barker-2
At 17:25 16/05/2020 -0400, Vince Bonly wrote:

>I spent some time today attempting to organize a rather long list of
>templates under My Templates in the Template Management pop-up
>dialogue window. I have Templates selected in both near the bottom
>of the Management window. When I double-click on My Templates within
>the left-side pane, I see my 20, or so, existing templates. I would
>like to organize them into sub folders; e.g., Bowling Templates,
>Inventory Templates, Budgeting Templates, etc. However, after using
>Commands > New Insert, and then doing Commands > Update, I am NOT
>seeing any difference; was expecting to see a slot for me to enter
>name of my new sub-folder; e.g., Bowing Templates.

I don't think you can create template subfolders at all, so instead
of having your new folders within My Templates, you will simply have
to create them in the top level, alongside (or instead of) My
Templates. (That's no hardship!) Just go to Commands | New, which
will create a new folder called Untitled (or similar) and then
overtype the (already selected) name to change it to whatever you want.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker