Quantcast

Release 4.1.3

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Release 4.1.3

Raphael Bircher-3
Hi All

@Ariel please give a comment, if you are able to create the Release or  
not. If not, I'm willing to volunteer as release manager.

Regards, Raphael

--
My introduction https://youtu.be/Ln4vly5sxYU

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Release 4.1.3

Matthias Seidel
Hi Raphael,

I am sure you are talking about 4.1.4 ;-)

Regards, Matthias


Am 20.03.2017 um 15:42 schrieb Raphael Bircher:
> Hi All
>
> @Ariel please give a comment, if you are able to create the Release or
> not. If not, I'm willing to volunteer as release manager.
>
> Regards, Raphael
>



smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4)

Andrea Pescetti-2
In reply to this post by Raphael Bircher-3
Raphael Bircher wrote:
> @Ariel please give a comment, if you are able to create the Release or
> not. If not, I'm willing to volunteer as release manager.

More than a Release Manager we need builds. Can you put builds online
for people to test? Even though it is (deliberately) complex to do so,
you can upload them to your home.apache.org account via SFTP.

I can only follow a few discussions lately, but I think I can provide
proper Linux-64 builds from the AOO414 branch matching the 4.1.3
specifications (this won't happen before end of March). Unfortunately
this is only marginally useful as the majority of downloads are for
other operating systems. So it is very valuable if, on your own machine
(no buildbots, let's keep it simple), you can provide builds for other
systems.

Even 3 languages (English, German and one of your choice) would be
enough for people to test.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/devtools/build-scripts/ has some
information about the environments. But only the Linux one is really clear.

Regards,
   Andrea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4)

Raphael Bircher-3
Hi all

Am .03.2017, 23:42 Uhr, schrieb Andrea Pescetti <[hidden email]>:

> Raphael Bircher wrote:
>> @Ariel please give a comment, if you are able to create the Release or
>> not. If not, I'm willing to volunteer as release manager.
>
> More than a Release Manager we need builds. Can you put builds online  
> for people to test? Even though it is (deliberately) complex to do so,  
> you can upload them to your home.apache.org account via SFTP.
>
> I can only follow a few discussions lately, but I think I can provide  
> proper Linux-64 builds from the AOO414 branch matching the 4.1.3  
> specifications (this won't happen before end of March). Unfortunately  
> this is only marginally useful as the majority of downloads are for  
> other operating systems. So it is very valuable if, on your own machine  
> (no buildbots, let's keep it simple), you can provide builds for other  
> systems.

Ok, I just started to setup windows for Release compatible builds. But it  
will take some time, since windows is the most nasty platform to build.

Is there someone who can do Mac OS X?

And Linux 32bit?


Regards,
Raphael


--
My introduction https://youtu.be/Ln4vly5sxYU

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4)

Andrea Pescetti-2
Raphael Bircher wrote:
> Is there someone who can do Mac OS X?
> And Linux 32bit?

Linux 32-bit is not substantially different from the 64-bit case (even
if it needs to be done on a 32-bit virtual machine). I can probably
setup a VM for Linux 32-bit too, further in April.

That said, Linux 32-bit is a minority of a minority from our download
statistics, so this will still leave a significant part of the problem
unsolved.

Regards,
   Andrea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4)

Jim Jagielski
In reply to this post by Raphael Bircher-3

> On Mar 21, 2017, at 9:49 AM, Raphael Bircher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
> Is there someone who can do Mac OS X?
>

As mentioned previously, I can. In fact, I have, but it was not
a full-distclean rebuild, so will do again, just to make sure.

Once done, will upload. Suggested upload locations appreciated :)


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4)

Raphael Bircher-3
Hi all

Am .03.2017, 12:52 Uhr, schrieb Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]>:

>
>> On Mar 21, 2017, at 9:49 AM, Raphael Bircher <[hidden email]>  
>> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Is there someone who can do Mac OS X?
>>
>
> As mentioned previously, I can. In fact, I have, but it was not
> a full-distclean rebuild, so will do again, just to make sure.
>
> Once done, will upload. Suggested upload locations appreciated :)
>
Thanks a loat, Jim

Ok, a short summary:

Linux 64 deb/rpm Andrea
Windows Raphael(I hope I will get it)
Mac OS X Jim

Regards, Raphael
--
My introduction https://youtu.be/Ln4vly5sxYU

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4)

Matthias Seidel
Hi Raphael,

Thank you for your effort!
Hopefully Ariel will still be able to assist, but it is really time for a 4.1.4 RC.

May I suggest that these "release blocker" should also be merged:

https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127253
(Update the banners with the new ASF Logo)

https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127176#c24
(Java not recognized after update to AOO 4.1.3)

https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127341
(
Update bundled dictionaries for AOO 4.1.4 release)

Kind regards, Matthias


Am 22.03.2017 um 13:01 schrieb Raphael Bircher:
Hi all

Am .03.2017, 12:52 Uhr, schrieb Jim Jagielski [hidden email]:


On Mar 21, 2017, at 9:49 AM, Raphael Bircher [hidden email] wrote:


Is there someone who can do Mac OS X?


As mentioned previously, I can. In fact, I have, but it was not
a full-distclean rebuild, so will do again, just to make sure.

Once done, will upload. Suggested upload locations appreciated :)

Thanks a loat, Jim

Ok, a short summary:

Linux 64 deb/rpm Andrea
Windows Raphael(I hope I will get it)
Mac OS X Jim

Regards, Raphael


smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4)

Jim Jagielski
In reply to this post by Jim Jagielski
I can have this complete and uploaded by this Monday if that's OK...
I am currently traveling and my AOO build system isn't accessible
from where I am.

> On Mar 22, 2017, at 7:52 AM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
>> On Mar 21, 2017, at 9:49 AM, Raphael Bircher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Is there someone who can do Mac OS X?
>>
>
> As mentioned previously, I can. In fact, I have, but it was not
> a full-distclean rebuild, so will do again, just to make sure.
>
> Once done, will upload. Suggested upload locations appreciated :)
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4)

Raphael Bircher-3
Hi Jim, *

That's ok, I think. Andrea told that he would have the builds not befor  
end march. And I'm happy if I have my Windows builds on Monday too.

Regards, Raphael

Am .03.2017, 12:59 Uhr, schrieb Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]>:

> I can have this complete and uploaded by this Monday if that's OK...
> I am currently traveling and my AOO build system isn't accessible
> from where I am.
>> On Mar 22, 2017, at 7:52 AM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>
>>> On Mar 21, 2017, at 9:49 AM, Raphael Bircher  
>>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> Is there someone who can do Mac OS X?
>>>
>>
>> As mentioned previously, I can. In fact, I have, but it was not
>> a full-distclean rebuild, so will do again, just to make sure.
>>
>> Once done, will upload. Suggested upload locations appreciated :)
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


--
My introduction https://youtu.be/Ln4vly5sxYU

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4)

Andrea Pescetti-2
In reply to this post by Matthias Seidel
On 22/03/2017 Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Hopefully Ariel will still be able to assist, but it is really time for
> a 4.1.4 RC.

I hope so too, so I would still wait for him as the (currently)
appointed Release Manager to have the last word on blocker issues. This
doesn't stop anybody from going on and providing builds.

> May I suggest that these "release blocker" should also be merged:
> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127253
> (Update the banners with the new ASF Logo)

This one seems OK (in principle; I haven't looked at the code).

> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127176#c24
> (Java not recognized after update to AOO 4.1.3)

This one is marked WONTFIX at
https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127197 - but I don't know if
there were any relevant code updates.

> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127341
> (Update bundled dictionaries for AOO 4.1.4 release)

This is a routine check we do before releasing (but still we need an
issue for that, so thank for creating one!).

Regards,
   Andrea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4)

Matthias Seidel
Hi Andrea,


Am 24.03.2017 um 01:05 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:

> On 22/03/2017 Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Hopefully Ariel will still be able to assist, but it is really time for
>> a 4.1.4 RC.
>
> I hope so too, so I would still wait for him as the (currently)
> appointed Release Manager to have the last word on blocker issues.
> This doesn't stop anybody from going on and providing builds.
>
>> May I suggest that these "release blocker" should also be merged:
>> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127253
>> (Update the banners with the new ASF Logo)
>
> This one seems OK (in principle; I haven't looked at the code).
No code, just some updated graphics.
I checked it in the Windows installer, someone else should check it on
macOS.

>
>> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127176#c24
>> (Java not recognized after update to AOO 4.1.3)
>
> This one is marked WONTFIX at
> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127197 - but I don't know if
> there were any relevant code updates.

This is a different bug. Somehow we bundled the msvcr100.dll as 64bit in
4.1.3.
32bit JAVA is not detected with that dll.
I only want to make sure that we bundle the 32bit dll and that it is the
most recent version (10.0.40219.325).

Regards, Matthias

>> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127341
>> (Update bundled dictionaries for AOO 4.1.4 release)
>
> This is a routine check we do before releasing (but still we need an
> issue for that, so thank for creating one!).
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4)

Jim Jagielski
My AOO 4.1.4 builds are ready for upload.

Configure settings were:

LANGS="ast bg ca ca-XR ca-XV cs da de el en-GB en-US es eu fi fr gd gl he hi hu it ja kid km ko lt nb nl pl pt pt-BR ru sk sl sr sv ta th tr vi zh-CN zh-TW"

./configure   \
        --with-build-version="$(date +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M") - `uname -sm`" \
        --with-vendor="Apache OpenOffice Community Build" \
        --enable-verbose \
        --with-openldap \
        --enable-category-b \
        --enable-bundled-dictionaries \
        --enable-wiki-publisher \
        --with-junit="/usr/local/share/java/junit.jar" \
        --with-jdk-home="$JAVA_HOME" \
        --with-ant-home="$ANT_HOME" \
        --with-epm=/usr/local/bin/epm \
        --with-dmake-path=/usr/local/bin/dmake \
        --without-stlport \
        --with-package-format="installed dmg" \
        --disable-systray \
        --with-alloc=system \
        --with-lang="${LANGS}"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Loading...