Release 4.1.3

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
64 messages Options
1234
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4)

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 20/03/2017 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> I think I can provide
> proper Linux-64 builds from the AOO414 branch matching the 4.1.3
> specifications (this won't happen before end of March).

I've built the current state of the AOO414 branch (again, this is not a
Release Candidate) for all languages for the Linux-64 platform. I've
uploaded a few languages for testing purposes to

https://home.apache.org/~pescetti/openoffice-4.1.4-dev-1781705/

If you'd like to test a language that is not there, just let me know and
I can upload it. Feedback welcome in general: I mean, the differences
between 4.1.3 and the uploaded build are so small that people who know
what they are doing could even install this one and use it for
day-to-day tasks, for more realistic testing.

> I can probably setup a VM for Linux 32-bit too, further in April.

This will need 1-2 more weeks, but the process is fully documented at

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#CentOS_5

so anyone can take a look if they wish.

Regards,
   Andrea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4)

Matthias Seidel
Am 02.04.2017 um 19:25 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:

> On 20/03/2017 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> I think I can provide
>> proper Linux-64 builds from the AOO414 branch matching the 4.1.3
>> specifications (this won't happen before end of March).
>
> I've built the current state of the AOO414 branch (again, this is not
> a Release Candidate) for all languages for the Linux-64 platform. I've
> uploaded a few languages for testing purposes to
>
> https://home.apache.org/~pescetti/openoffice-4.1.4-dev-1781705/
>
> If you'd like to test a language that is not there, just let me know
> and I can upload it. Feedback welcome in general: I mean, the
> differences between 4.1.3 and the uploaded build are so small that
> people who know what they are doing could even install this one and
> use it for day-to-day tasks, for more realistic testing.
Hi Andrea,

Indeed, I downloaded your build (German full installation and en-US
language pack) and use it on a daily base.
No problems on Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit. For me all crashes are gone.

Additionally I use the 4.1.4 version for Windows (from buildbot) for 2
month now without any issues.

Kind regards, Matthias

>
>> I can probably setup a VM for Linux 32-bit too, further in April.
>
> This will need 1-2 more weeks, but the process is fully documented at
>
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#CentOS_5
>
>
> so anyone can take a look if they wish.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4)

Jim Jagielski-2
In reply to this post by Andrea Pescetti-2
I've confirmed that except for the '-with-build-version' param, all configure
options and params for 4.1.4 (and, fwiw, 4.1.3) are the same as was done for
4.1.2... I have gone ahead modified '-with-build-version', have committed the
script[1], and will use it.

1. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/devtools/build-scripts/4.1.4/unxmacos/build_aooreleases.sh?view=log

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

4.1.4 blockers (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))

Jim Jagielski
In reply to this post by Matthias Seidel

> On Mar 22, 2017, at 8:43 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Raphael,
>
> Thank you for your effort!
> Hopefully Ariel will still be able to assist, but it is really time for a 4.1.4 RC.
>
> May I suggest that these "release blocker" should also be merged:
>
> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127253
> (Update the banners with the new ASF Logo)

+1: It would be nice to have a complete list of changes required to
backport from trunk though. Matthias if you want to go ahead and
handle this, +1 from me.


>
> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127176#c24
> (Java not recognized after update to AOO 4.1.3)

REOPENED.

>
> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127341
> (Update bundled dictionaries for AOO 4.1.4 release)
>

+1 as well...

   r1784925 r1784961 r1785175 r1793216


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Centos5 builds (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))

Jim Jagielski
In reply to this post by Raphael Bircher-3
I have 2 CentOS5 VMs setup, one 32bit the other 64. Is anyone else on task
for doing 4.1.4 build for these platforms or should I give it a go?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Centos5 builds (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))

Jim Jagielski
FWIW, I've kicked off a CentOS5.11 x64 build on my VM.

I've updated the wiki build page (https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step)
with some updates, most due to CentOS5 is now EOL and some urls
have changed. Plus, I needed to manually install File::Path
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 4.1.4 blockers (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))

Jim Jagielski
In reply to this post by Jim Jagielski

> On May 2, 2017, at 7:42 AM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>
>> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127341
>> (Update bundled dictionaries for AOO 4.1.4 release)
>>
>
> +1 as well...
>
>   r1784925 r1784961 r1785175 r1793216
>

Backported to 4.1.4...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Centos5 builds (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))

Jim Jagielski
In reply to this post by Jim Jagielski
Went OK... Will now kick off a x32 build...

These are test builds, since we still have 2 backports pending::

> On Mar 22, 2017, at 8:43 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Raphael,
>
> Thank you for your effort!
> Hopefully Ariel will still be able to assist, but it is really time for a 4.1.4 RC.
>
> May I suggest that these "release blocker" should also be merged:
>
> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127253
> (Update the banners with the new ASF Logo)

+1: It would be nice to have a complete list of changes required to
backport from trunk though. Matthias if you want to go ahead and
handle this, +1 from me.


>
> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127176#c24
> (Java not recognized after update to AOO 4.1.3)

REOPENED.


> On May 2, 2017, at 9:27 AM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> FWIW, I've kicked off a CentOS5.11 x64 build on my VM.
>
> I've updated the wiki build page (https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step)
> with some updates, most due to CentOS5 is now EOL and some urls
> have changed. Plus, I needed to manually install File::Path
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Centos5 builds (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))

Matthias Seidel
Hi Jim,

https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127176#c24

We only have to make sure, that we bundle the most recent msvcr100.dll
(32bit) for the windows build.
(see: .../main/external/msvcp100/README_msvcX100.dll.txt)

Regards, Matthias

P.S.: I will come back later with a full list of commits for the ASF
logos...


Am 02.05.2017 um 20:40 schrieb Jim Jagielski:

> Went OK... Will now kick off a x32 build...
>
> These are test builds, since we still have 2 backports pending::
>
>> On Mar 22, 2017, at 8:43 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Raphael,
>>
>> Thank you for your effort!
>> Hopefully Ariel will still be able to assist, but it is really time for a 4.1.4 RC.
>>
>> May I suggest that these "release blocker" should also be merged:
>>
>> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127253
>> (Update the banners with the new ASF Logo)
> +1: It would be nice to have a complete list of changes required to
> backport from trunk though. Matthias if you want to go ahead and
> handle this, +1 from me.
>
>
>> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127176#c24
>> (Java not recognized after update to AOO 4.1.3)
> REOPENED.
>
>
>> On May 2, 2017, at 9:27 AM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> FWIW, I've kicked off a CentOS5.11 x64 build on my VM.
>>
>> I've updated the wiki build page (https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step)
>> with some updates, most due to CentOS5 is now EOL and some urls
>> have changed. Plus, I needed to manually install File::Path
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Centos5 builds (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))

Jim Jagielski

> On May 2, 2017, at 3:01 PM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127176#c24
>
> We only have to make sure, that we bundle the most recent msvcr100.dll
> (32bit) for the windows build.
> (see: .../main/external/msvcp100/README_msvcX100.dll.txt)

Thx for the info, but I am totally Windows ignorant. When I go
to the link in the BZ page

        https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=26999

I get to a MS page where I click download and I get choices for 3 .exe
files, no .dll file.

According to the BZ page, I should be able to:

   This should be updated to version 10.0.40219.325 from:
     https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=26999
   for the 4.1.4 Release Candidate.

So any help here would be appreciated!

> Regards, Matthias
>
> P.S.: I will come back later with a full list of commits for the ASF
> logos...
>

V. Cool. Thx!


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Centos5 builds (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))

Matthias Seidel
Am 02.05.2017 um 21:17 schrieb Jim Jagielski:

>> On May 2, 2017, at 3:01 PM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127176#c24
>>
>> We only have to make sure, that we bundle the most recent msvcr100.dll
>> (32bit) for the windows build.
>> (see: .../main/external/msvcp100/README_msvcX100.dll.txt)
> Thx for the info, but I am totally Windows ignorant. When I go
> to the link in the BZ page
>
> https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=26999
>
> I get to a MS page where I click download and I get choices for 3 .exe
> files, no .dll file.
>
> According to the BZ page, I should be able to:
>
>    This should be updated to version 10.0.40219.325 from:
>      https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=26999
>    for the 4.1.4 Release Candidate.
>
> So any help here would be appreciated!
Yes, one of the 3 files (vcredist_x86.exe) is the runtime for 32bit.

I installed it in a VM to get at the dll.

I can send you a copy, but it is only used in the Windows builds...


>
>> Regards, Matthias
>>
>> P.S.: I will come back later with a full list of commits for the ASF
>> logos...
>>
> V. Cool. Thx!
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Centos5 builds (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))

Jim Jagielski
Since I'm not doing a Windows build, I assume we don't need to install
it and have it part of the SVN tag??

> On May 2, 2017, at 3:35 PM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Am 02.05.2017 um 21:17 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>>> On May 2, 2017, at 3:01 PM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Jim,
>>>
>>> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127176#c24
>>>
>>> We only have to make sure, that we bundle the most recent msvcr100.dll
>>> (32bit) for the windows build.
>>> (see: .../main/external/msvcp100/README_msvcX100.dll.txt)
>> Thx for the info, but I am totally Windows ignorant. When I go
>> to the link in the BZ page
>>
>> https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=26999
>>
>> I get to a MS page where I click download and I get choices for 3 .exe
>> files, no .dll file.
>>
>> According to the BZ page, I should be able to:
>>
>>   This should be updated to version 10.0.40219.325 from:
>>     https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=26999
>>   for the 4.1.4 Release Candidate.
>>
>> So any help here would be appreciated!
>
> Yes, one of the 3 files (vcredist_x86.exe) is the runtime for 32bit.
>
> I installed it in a VM to get at the dll.
>
> I can send you a copy, but it is only used in the Windows builds...
>
>
>>
>>> Regards, Matthias
>>>
>>> P.S.: I will come back later with a full list of commits for the ASF
>>> logos...
>>>
>> V. Cool. Thx!
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Centos5 builds (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))

Matthias Seidel
Am 02.05.2017 um 22:11 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> Since I'm not doing a Windows build, I assume we don't need to install
> it and have it part of the SVN tag??

I am not so familiar with the procedure, but that sounds reasonable.

So whoever does the Windows builds has to make sure to include
msvcr100.dll, 32bit, version 10.00.40219.325
I think this is the most recent one and use it with AOO 4.1.3 on Windows
for several month.

>
>> On May 2, 2017, at 3:35 PM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Am 02.05.2017 um 21:17 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>>>> On May 2, 2017, at 3:01 PM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Hi Jim,
>>>>
>>>> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127176#c24
>>>>
>>>> We only have to make sure, that we bundle the most recent msvcr100.dll
>>>> (32bit) for the windows build.
>>>> (see: .../main/external/msvcp100/README_msvcX100.dll.txt)
>>> Thx for the info, but I am totally Windows ignorant. When I go
>>> to the link in the BZ page
>>>
>>> https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=26999
>>>
>>> I get to a MS page where I click download and I get choices for 3 .exe
>>> files, no .dll file.
>>>
>>> According to the BZ page, I should be able to:
>>>
>>>   This should be updated to version 10.0.40219.325 from:
>>>     https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=26999
>>>   for the 4.1.4 Release Candidate.
>>>
>>> So any help here would be appreciated!
>> Yes, one of the 3 files (vcredist_x86.exe) is the runtime for 32bit.
>>
>> I installed it in a VM to get at the dll.
>>
>> I can send you a copy, but it is only used in the Windows builds...
>>
>>
>>>> Regards, Matthias
>>>>
>>>> P.S.: I will come back later with a full list of commits for the ASF
>>>> logos...
>>>>
>>> V. Cool. Thx!
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Centos5 builds (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))

Andrea Pescetti-2
In reply to this post by Jim Jagielski
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> FWIW, I've kicked off a CentOS5.11 x64 build on my VM.

My CentOS 64 builds are online and confirmed to be working by others who
use it for daily tasks (see archives of this list, or just ask if you
need a link). Unless you see a reason for making alternate ones, I think
Windows would be a wiser investment of time.

> I've updated the wiki build page (https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step)
> with some updates, most due to CentOS5 is now EOL and some urls
> have changed. Plus, I needed to manually install File::Path

So this would be

https://wiki.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Documentation%2FBuilding_Guide_AOO%2FStep_by_step&diff=237941&oldid=237939

The new dependency is strange since I didn't recall needing it, but it
might have come with some other component in case.

And yes, the fact that CentOS 5 becomes unsupported is the reason for me
to ask to modify our baseline in future (again, see archives of this
list); but for sure not for 4.1.4.

Regards,
   Andrea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 4.1.4 blockers (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))

Andrea Pescetti-2
In reply to this post by Jim Jagielski
Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> On May 2, 2017, at 7:42 AM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127341
>>> (Update bundled dictionaries for AOO 4.1.4 release)
>> +1 as well...
>>    r1784925 r1784961 r1785175 r1793216
> Backported to 4.1.4...

It seems the Bugzilla bot was confused and didn't annotate the issue
properly in http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1793492

This is a bit of a mess. I've fixed it in the issue page.

Probably, for next commits, you'd better ensure that "#i127341# Updated
English dictionary" (or equivalent) is the first line of the commit, or
manually post a comment to the issue as I did.

Note: Ariel is the release manager so the "+" to the blocker should come
from him. But since he's been unresponsive on the matter, and this is an
obvious blocker, I felt right to go ahead and use my release manager
privileges (left from 4.1.2) to mark the issue as a blocker myself.

For other ones like the logo I would suggest a normal process like: the
issue is nominated as blocker (set to "?"), consensus is built on the
list and if nobody opposes in the standard 72 hours then someone with
the right privileges accepts the issue as blocker (set to "+") and then
code can be backported.

Regards,
   Andrea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 4.1.4 blockers (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))

Matthias Seidel
In reply to this post by Jim Jagielski
Am 02.05.2017 um 13:42 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
On Mar 22, 2017, at 8:43 AM, Matthias Seidel [hidden email] wrote:

Hi Raphael,

Thank you for your effort!
Hopefully Ariel will still be able to assist, but it is really time for a 4.1.4 RC.

May I suggest that these "release blocker" should also be merged:

https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127253
(Update the banners with the new ASF Logo)
+1: It would be nice to have a complete list of changes required to
backport from trunk though. Matthias if you want to go ahead and
handle this, +1 from me.

If we decide to get the new ASF logos for the installer, we should also update the setup icons for Windows/macOS and the Intro/About Dialog. But there has been a discussion with Andrea and Marcus whether to include such things or not...

First all commits for the Windows/macOS installer (including the initial commit from Raphael):

r1774839
r1782101
r1782134
r1782198
r1782401
r1782502
r1783420
r1783943
r1784016

Now the commits for the setup icons (Windows/macOS):

r1791897
r1792733

Finally the commit for the Intro-Screen/About-Dialog:

r1791815


      
https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127176#c24
(Java not recognized after update to AOO 4.1.3)
REOPENED.

https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127341
(Update bundled dictionaries for AOO 4.1.4 release)

+1 as well...

   r1784925 r1784961 r1785175 r1793216


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]




smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 4.1.4 blockers (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))

Marcus (OOo)
Am 02.05.2017 um 23:51 schrieb Matthias Seidel:
> Am 02.05.2017 um 13:42 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>>> On Mar 22, 2017, at 8:43 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
> If we decide to get the new ASF logos for the installer, we should also
> update the setup icons for Windows/macOS and the Intro/About Dialog. But
> there has been a discussion with Andrea and Marcus whether to include
> such things or not...

correct, new graphics cannot be a blocker for a release. Except the
existing ones are broken. But this is not the case here.

Sorry, but we should clearly think twice if a change is necessary for a
bugfix release. Every change has its own risk.

My 2 ct.

Marcus


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 4.1.4 blockers (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))

Matthias Seidel

An installer for Windows (and macOS) with an outdated ASF logo is "broken" (in my eyes) ;-)

80% of our downloads are for Windows, 15% for macOS. They should see the new logo!

Apart from that, no code! Just some graphics...

Matthias

Am 03.05.2017 um 00:11 schrieb Marcus:
Am 02.05.2017 um 23:51 schrieb Matthias Seidel:
Am 02.05.2017 um 13:42 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
On Mar 22, 2017, at 8:43 AM, Matthias Seidel [hidden email] wrote:

If we decide to get the new ASF logos for the installer, we should also
update the setup icons for Windows/macOS and the Intro/About Dialog. But
there has been a discussion with Andrea and Marcus whether to include
such things or not...

correct, new graphics cannot be a blocker for a release. Except the existing ones are broken. But this is not the case here.

Sorry, but we should clearly think twice if a change is necessary for a bugfix release. Every change has its own risk.

My 2 ct.

Marcus


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]



smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 4.1.4 blockers (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))

Jim Jagielski
In reply to this post by Andrea Pescetti-2
I can't add a Target Milestone of 4.1.4 for BZ issue:

        https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127253

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 4.1.4 blockers (Was: Re: Release 4.1.3 (4.1.4))

Marcus (OOo)
In reply to this post by Matthias Seidel
Am 03.05.2017 um 11:54 schrieb Matthias Seidel:
> An installer for Windows (and macOS) with an outdated ASF logo is
> "broken" (in my eyes) ;-)
>
> 80% of our downloads are for Windows, 15% for macOS. They should see the
> new logo!

the logos are visible just at 2 places:
- splash screen
--> With the modern PC systems these days it's visible for only - hm,
let's say - 1,5 sec.

- About dialog
--> IMHO a dialog that is one of the most seldom opened dialogs in
OpenOffice.

I don't want to sound too negative. I just doubt that the most users
will notice this graphical change. ;-)

However, at the end it's the decision of the Release Manager if he is
accepting this as a blocker.

> Apart from that, no code! Just some graphics...

Sure, but every change is a risk. And it should be prevented in general
when it's not necessary. I don't make a difference between code and
non-code.

Paranoia? Maybe.
Experience? Yes.

Marcus



> Am 03.05.2017 um 00:11 schrieb Marcus:
>> Am 02.05.2017 um 23:51 schrieb Matthias Seidel:
>>> Am 02.05.2017 um 13:42 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>>>>> On Mar 22, 2017, at 8:43 AM, Matthias Seidel
>>>>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>>
>>> If we decide to get the new ASF logos for the installer, we should also
>>> update the setup icons for Windows/macOS and the Intro/About Dialog. But
>>> there has been a discussion with Andrea and Marcus whether to include
>>> such things or not...
>>
>> correct, new graphics cannot be a blocker for a release. Except the
>> existing ones are broken. But this is not the case here.
>>
>> Sorry, but we should clearly think twice if a change is necessary for
>> a bugfix release. Every change has its own risk.
>>
>> My 2 ct.
>>
>> Marcus


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

1234
Loading...