Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice 4 Wiki

Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice 4 Wiki

Bahram Maskanian

Dear Apache Open Office,

First, I like to thank you for developing and offering such a great
suite of programs to the public free of charge.   I am using MAC OS
Sierra,  and as a Persian American I have been using it for my Farsi
communication, however after version 4.0.1 every single update
released has not been working properly in Persian language as before.
  Recently I downloaded the latest 4.1.3 to see if the problem still
exist, and it does.  I am still using the 4.0.1, but I thought you
might want to know about the existing problem.

Thanks again,
Bahram Maskanian

Re: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice 4 Wiki

Pedro Lino-3
Dear Bahram Maskanian

> First, I like to thank you for developing and offering such a great
>     suite of programs to the public free of charge. I am using MAC OS
>     Sierra, and as a Persian American I have been using it for my Farsi
>     communication, however after version 4.0.1 every single update
>     released has not been working properly in Persian language as before.
>     Recently I downloaded the latest 4.1.3 to see if the problem still
>     exist, and it does. I am still using the 4.0.1, but I thought you
>     might want to know about the existing problem.

Could you please describe in detail the problem and the steps to replicate the problem at

https://bz.apache.org/ooo/

Thank you for contributing to a better Apache OpenOffice for all.

Kind regards,

Pedro

Re: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice 4 Wiki

Peter Kovacs-3
I guess he is not on the list.
Is it wise to send him to BZ where we might reject just because we can not reproduce the issue?

I think it is better to route people to forums.
We need to reach out to forums and user list for feedback. I think we can much better sort things up with our experienced users then with honourable people who could classify programming as magic. ( no offense)

Am 12. Oktober 2017 18:37:28 MESZ schrieb Pedro Lino <[hidden email]>:

>Dear Bahram Maskanian
>

>> First, I like to thank you for developing and offering such a great
>>     suite of programs to the public free of charge. I am using MAC OS
>>     Sierra, and as a Persian American I have been using it for my
>Farsi
>>     communication, however after version 4.0.1 every single update
>>     released has not been working properly in Persian language as
>before.
>>     Recently I downloaded the latest 4.1.3 to see if the problem
>still
>>     exist, and it does. I am still using the 4.0.1, but I thought you
>>     might want to know about the existing problem.
>>

>Could you please describe in detail the problem and the steps to
>replicate the problem at
>
>https://bz.apache.org/ooo/
>

>Thank you for contributing to a better Apache OpenOffice for all.
>

>Kind regards,
>
>Pedro

Re: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice 4 Wiki

Pedro Lino-3
Hi Peter, all

> I guess he is not on the list.
> Is it wise to send him to BZ where we might reject just because we can not reproduce the issue?

Actually i have been able to replicate and describe problems related to
Farsi in LO's bugtracker and some were eventually fixed.
As a triager I have never closed an issue just because I can not
reproduce it.

> I think it is better to route people to forums.
> We need to reach out to forums and user list for feedback. I think we can much better sort things up with our experienced users then with honourable people who could classify programming as magic. ( no offense)

Please do send the OP an email with links to forums and user lists.

As a long time bug reporter and checker for both projects I don't agree
that it is a better option or that people are more experienced or humane
in forums than in bug trackers. There are all kinds of people with all
levels of experience and sensibility on both platforms.

Re: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice 4 Wiki

Peter Kovacs-3
Can you please link the bugs from LO?
I try to take care after I have some more time.

Please note that we might have different processes to LO. I am concerned that users get different from our BZ processes out then they expect. That's all.

Thank you for your hint. I will have a look.

All the best
Peter