Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice Wiki

Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice Wiki

Arday Lajos
Dear Sirs,

I have a problem with OpenOffice writer.
When I write something into the cell of a chart it is autocorrected when I
am leaving the cell.
For xample I want to write a "+" character before the number but it is then
deleted as soon as the cursor leaves the cell.
If I write a number that is similar to a date, it is autocorreted to a date
when I am leaving the cell.

How to switch off this funtion? I tried everything I could.

Yours Sincerely,

Lajos Arday

RE: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice Wiki

Howard Morris (aka Col Boogie)
I am not sure. I sometimes have a similar problem with Open Office thinking I am at the beginning of a sentence and capitalizing the first word. Normally an undo (ctrl+z on my PC) fixes the problem. Sometimes, how you leave the cell does different things (again on a PC using the arrows instead of the tab key, maybe using the mouse). Also see http://www.taming-openoffice-org.com/newsite/?page_id=42 how to change the number format of a cell.

Howard

________________________________

Re: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice Wiki

Marcus (OOo)
Am 04.10.2018 um 16:02 schrieb Arday Lajos:
> I have a problem with OpenOffice writer.
> When I write something into the cell of a chart it is autocorrected when
> I am leaving the cell.
> For xample I want to write a "+" character before the number but it is
> then deleted as soon as the cursor leaves the cell.
> If I write a number that is similar to a date, it is autocorreted to a
> date when I am leaving the cell.
>
> How to switch off this funtion? I tried everything I could.

please note that this is not the right place for such questions.
Therefore the first place should be to ask for help in the user forums
[1] or the users mailing list [2]. This is the right place for
discussing and solving such case of problems.

[1] https://forum.openoffice.org/
[2]
https://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html#users-mailing-list-public

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Marcus