Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice website

Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice website

djohnson1992
I tried to download open office and got a lot of UNWANTED thing mysearchdial which I can’t get rid of ...I think you have a good product but I am unable to download it..  HOW DO I GET RID OF MYSEARCHDIAL??

Re: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice website

Shari Lynn Smith
Hi, it sounds like you may have download from somewhere that adds "stuff"
to the program.

Make sure when downloading you are going to the official site to help you
avoid this problem. Sorry it happened to you :-(

The site you want to use is OpenOffice.org

If you use a virus protection program you can try using that to help you
with the removal or search Goole for help on its removal. Look for
information not something you have to download.

Hope you get it removed. Once you have the official version I'm sure you'll
enjoy OpenOffice.

Shari

powered by android
On Mar 4, 2014 10:43 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried to download open office and got a lot of UNWANTED thing
> mysearchdial which I can't get rid of ...I think you have a good product
> but I am unable to download it..  HOW DO I GET RID OF MYSEARCHDIAL??

Re: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice website

Kay Schenk-2
On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 7:15 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried to download open office and got a lot of UNWANTED thing
> mysearchdial which I can’t get rid of ...I think you have a good product
> but I am unable to download it..  HOW DO I GET RID OF MYSEARCHDIAL??

Hi --

Our official download site is:

http://www.openoffice.org/download/

which should NOT force you to download or use anything called
"mysearchdial".

It would be helpful to us if you would provide the name of the site where
you attempted to download  OpenOffice. This would help us stop this type of
activity.

If you do a search on "mysearchdial", you will find a variety of links
telling you how to remove this.

MzK

"Cats do not have to be shown how to have a good time,
 for they are unfailing ingenious in that respect."
                                       -- James Mason

Re: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice website

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 4 Mar 2014 10:12:10 -0800
Kay Schenk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 7:15 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I tried to download open office and got a lot of UNWANTED thing
> > mysearchdial which I can’t get rid of ...I think you have a good product
> > but I am unable to download it..  HOW DO I GET RID OF MYSEARCHDIAL??
>

> Hi --
>
> Our official download site is:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/
>
> which should NOT force you to download or use anything called
> "mysearchdial".
>
> It would be helpful to us if you would provide the name of the site where
> you attempted to download  OpenOffice. This would help us stop this type of
> activity.
>
> If you do a search on "mysearchdial", you will find a variety of links
> telling you how to remove this.

> MzK
>
> "Cats do not have to be shown how to have a good time,
>  for they are unfailing ingenious in that respect."
>                                        -- James Mason

Kay - I'm not certain, but I suspect
http://openoffice. xtremedownload. com may be the site in question. Its download is a small .exe file and it mentions that it adds mysearchdial..
There have been a number of reports on the en-Forum of mysearchdial infection, but unfortunately no definite URL.

If you are reading this posting ONLY download from www.openoffice.org/download (redirects to SourceForge and your download should start in 5 secs without further intervention by you).

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice website

Rob Weir
On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 10:15 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I tried to download open office and got a lot of UNWANTED thing mysearchdial which I can’t get rid of ...I think you have a good product but I am unable to download it..  HOW DO I GET RID OF MYSEARCHDIAL??

See:  http://s.apache.org/genuine-openoffice

Regards,

-Rob

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Rob Weir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 10:15 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I tried to download open office and got a lot of UNWANTED thing
> mysearchdial which I can’t get rid of ...I think you have a good product
> but I am unable to download it..  HOW DO I GET RID OF MYSEARCHDIAL??
>
> See:  http://s.apache.org/genuine-openoffice
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob

A short follow-up. After communication with the original poster, the
problem arose due to  some locally installed "search gadget". So not really
an insecure OpenOffice download.