Reporting broken download link

Diane Waters
Hi, I am trying to install the latest OpenOffice suite from the Apache
website ( I believe it is version 4.1.6).  Every time i try to execute the
installation of the download; it says it cannot complete the installation
as Open Office is open or Open Office Quickstarter is open and needs to be
closed before the new version is installed.... I have removed all programs
I can find on my computer, which is running Windows 7 64 bit mode; except
for the Open Office program in the Control Panel list of programs as when I
try to deinstall this it comes up with the above same notice to close the
program and Quickstarter....Help!!!!

Diane Waters

Re: Reporting broken download link

Rory O'Farrell
On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 18:30:55 +1000
Diane Waters <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to install the latest OpenOffice suite from the Apache
> website ( I believe it is version 4.1.6).  Every time i try to execute the
> installation of the download; it says it cannot complete the installation
> as Open Office is open or Open Office Quickstarter is open and needs to be
> closed before the new version is installed.... I have removed all programs
> I can find on my computer, which is running Windows 7 64 bit mode; except
> for the Open Office program in the Control Panel list of programs as when I
> try to deinstall this it comes up with the above same notice to close the
> program and Quickstarter....Help!!!!
>

> Diane Waters

You need to start TaskManager (Ctrl Shift Esc) and kill all soffice processes shown on TM's tabs.  Note: "soffice", with an initial "s".

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Reporting broken download link

Diane Waters
Thank you Rory for your help... even though you didn't need to as you
mentioned..i appreciate it....Have done what you suggested and , yes, it is
all working great... A lot of trouble over nothing eh?????????   Regards,
Diane Waters