Reporting broken download link

scot59

Being told that there is a broken link when trying to install release 4.1.9

Re: Reporting broken download link

F Campos Costero
I just tried the Windows download link at
http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html and it worked. Is that
the link you are referring to?

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 3:28 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Being told that there is a broken link when trying to install release 4.1.9

Reporting broken download link

Jonathan Maybury

The download button is sending me to another page that looks false could be a scam page!

Re: Reporting broken download link

Marcus (OOo)
Am 06.03.21 um 12:49 schrieb Jonathan Maybury:

> The download button is sending me to another page that looks false could be a scam page!

I've downloaded a second ago and haven't seen a problem. So, in general
it's working.

When you have problems that could be caused by a specific mirror server
then just change them. On the SourceForge webpage there is a grey
"Problems Downloading?" button. Just click on it and choose a different
mirror from the popup dialog.

HTH

Marcus

Re: Reporting broken download link

Pedro Lino-4
The download link redirects to Sourceforge a reliable download source.

You can also use the direct download from the Apache server
http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.9/binaries/

but you need to manually select the correct file e.g. for en_US using the Windows OS it would be
http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.9/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.9_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe