Resetting Password

Yuvi
Hi, I have been using open office for a while now and I have set up
password for on of my file but I am not been able to open it as it says
incorrect password even though I am using the same password I have been
using. Can you please reset the password for me

Re: Resetting Password

許哲崇
Recommend a way to invent a password.
What does the file love most?

> Hi, I have been using open office for a while now and I have set up
> password for on of my file but I am not been able to open it as it says
> incorrect password even though I am using the same password I have been
> using. Can you please reset the password for me

Re: Resetting Password

johnny smith
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 21:31:26 -0000, Yuvi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I have been using open office for a while now and I have set up
> password for on of my file but I am not been able to open it as it says
> incorrect password even though I am using the same password I have been
> using. Can you please reset the password for me

it is not possible to 'reset' the password; if it were, what for would one set it? however, if the password is simple enough, then you have chances to recover it by a brute-force attack; see this thread:

http://markmail.org/thread/iz2e5gr7xvptiren

and in particular this message:

http://markmail.org/message/epzm5sr7bzwpyqv2

Re: Resetting Password

Joe Conner
Might I suggest the possibility that you have toggled the Caps Lock key
when you entered your password?

On 04/24/2014 10:53 AM, johnny smith wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 21:31:26 -0000, Yuvi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi, I have been using open office for a while now and I have set up
>> password for on of my file but I am not been able to open it as it says
>> incorrect password even though I am using the same password I have been
>> using. Can you please reset the password for me
> it is not possible to 'reset' the password; if it were, what for would one set it? however, if the password is simple enough, then you have chances to recover it by a brute-force attack; see this thread:
>
> http://markmail.org/thread/iz2e5gr7xvptiren
>
> and in particular this message:
>
> http://markmail.org/message/epzm5sr7bzwpyqv2

********************************
A smile - is a sign of joy.
A hug - is a sign of love.
A laugh - is a sign of happiness.
May your troubles be less...
May your blessings be more...
May nothing but happiness come through your door!!

Blessings, Joe Conner
Joshua 24:15 "...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

Re: Resetting Password

Brian Barker-2
At 08:01 15/05/2018 -0600, Joe Conner wrote:
>On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 21:31:26 -0000, Yuvraj Chavan wrote:
>>... I have set up password for one of my files but I am not been
>>able to open it as it says incorrect password even though I am
>>using the same password I have been using.
>
>Might I suggest the possibility that you have toggled the Caps Lock
>key when you entered your password?

Isn't it likely that - after a little over four years - the
questioner will either have solved his problem or abandoned the document?

;^)

Brian Barker

Re: Resetting Password

jonathon-3
On 05/15/2018 02:39 PM, Brian Barker wrote:

> Isn't it likely that - after a little over four years

Maybe it just popped in their inbox, and they didn't notice the date?

About three years ago, I received a response to an email I had sent a
decade earlier. My original message had been trapped in limbo for that
decade.

jonathon

Re: Resetting Password

Brian Barker-2
At 15:50 15/05/2018 +0000, Jonathan Kantoor wrote:
>On 05/15/2018 02:39 PM, Brian Barker wrote:
> > Isn't it likely that - after a little over four years
>
>Maybe it just popped in their inbox, and they didn't notice the date?

Apparently so. (Hence my drawing attention to this.)

Oh, and by the way, I sent this reply in 2018.

Brian Barker