Resignation from the NLC

Charles-H. Schulz
Dear leads, co-leads, and members of the Native-Language Confederation
of OpenOffice.org,

It is with great emotion that I am resigning from my role as lead of
the Native-Language Confederation of OpenOffice.org. This resignation
is immediate. It has been a pleasure, a lifetime experience, a honour,
to work with all of you for 10 years. When we started, we were around 3
to 4 projects. We are now over a hundred communities, reaching
worldwide a hundred million of users. This has been the achievement of
the OpenOffice.org community, it has been our achievement, and let no
one take this away from you. I look forward working with all or most of
you again in The Document Foundation, and am considering the future
with optimism. Last but not least, I would like to thank all of you
here, in the OpenOffice.org community, who made all this possible, and
even gave me a chance to become someone better. You can be proud of you.

Cheers up!

Charles-H. Schulz.

Re: Resignation from the NLC

Ossama Khayat
This is to inform you all that I also resign from my role as the Arabic Language
Translation leader.

- Ossama Khayat

>[hidden email]; [hidden email]; project_leads
><[hidden email]>
> Sent: Fri, October 22, 2010 2:52:46 PM
> Subject: [discuss] Resignation from the NLC
>
> Dear leads, co-leads, and members of the Native-Language Confederation
> of OpenOffice.org,
>
> It is  with great emotion that I am resigning from my role as lead of
> the  Native-Language Confederation of OpenOffice.org. This resignation
> is  immediate. It has been a pleasure, a lifetime experience, a honour,
> to work  with all of you for 10 years. When we started, we were around 3
> to 4  projects. We are now over a hundred communities, reaching
> worldwide a hundred  million of users. This has been the achievement of
> the OpenOffice.org  community, it has been our achievement, and let no
> one take this away from  you. I look forward working with all or most of
> you again in The Document  Foundation, and am considering the future
> with optimism. Last but not least,  I would like to thank all of you
> here, in the OpenOffice.org community, who  made all this possible, and
> even gave me a chance to become someone better.  You can be proud of you.
>
> Cheers up!
>
> Charles-H. Schulz.

> For  additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: [l10n-dev] Re: [discuss] Resignation from the NLC

armin.besirovic@gmail.com
I would just like to say good bye and all the best. There goes the man
thanks to whom I got involved with OpenOffice. Many thanks for your great
leadership and fine work.

Sincerely,
Armin.

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Ossama Khayat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is to inform you all that I also resign from my role as the Arabic
> Language
> Translation leader.
>
> - Ossama Khayat

Re: [project leads] Resignation from the NLC

Joey Stanford
Hi All,

I've been debating this for some time but the recent Java news sealed
the deal for me.  I'm also publicly resigning from OpenOffice.  Truth
be told I haven't done much of value in the last few years, instead
focusing more on OpenOffice in Ubuntu.

Tim Morley has long since assumed the main role in our part of the
project. He's been a wonderful gift and he's a much better person than
I am. :-)  You're in good hands as long as he remains.

The principal driver for me leaving is Oracle. I can't condone
Oracle's actions on a number of fronts. In fact, I don't really
recognize the company at all anymore.  I don't want to be associated
with a company that is generating so much conflict in the FOSS arena.

I've already signed on at TDF so you won't truly be getting rid of me.
I hope in the future OO is set free like we talked about back in
2000/2001 when I joined. I see the TDF as the best chance presently to
do that.

Thanks to all of you old-timers for all the help over the years and
believing in me and giving me a place to call home.

Joey

ps. These comments are my own personal comments and not a reflection
or statement on behalf of my current employer.