Results of 4.1.8 QA Testing on rev. 0c0e82a55d for Windows 7

Results of 4.1.8 QA Testing on rev. 0c0e82a55d for Windows 7

Czesław Wolański
The results of my testing can be downloaded from the following link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LeMp68yqcUyZb5s33Ul1p1d1QAbos6Hb/view?usp=sharing

Regards
Czesław Wolański

Re: Results of 4.1.8 QA Testing on rev. 0c0e82a55d for Windows 7

Matthias Seidel
Hi Czesław,

Thanks for testing!

Regarding issue 83432: Just look at the dialog in AOO 4.1.7 and you see
what was fixed...

BTW: You personally found that problem and we had a long discussion
about it. I only found the Bugzilla issue afterwards... ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 03.10.20 um 08:38 schrieb Czesław Wolański:
> The results of my testing can be downloaded from the following link:
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LeMp68yqcUyZb5s33Ul1p1d1QAbos6Hb/view?usp=sharing
>

> Regards
> Czesław Wolański

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Results of 4.1.8 QA Testing on rev. 0c0e82a55d for Windows 7

Pedro Lino-4
Hi Matthias

> On 10/03/2020 11:36 AM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Regarding issue 83432: Just look at the dialog in AOO 4.1.7 and you see
> what was fixed...

Czeslaw is right. This is still not fixed. Both Default check boxes should load unchecked (because you can initially modify the value).

Once you Check the Default box the default value shows up and the number option is disabled.

Regards,
Pedro

Re: Results of 4.1.8 QA Testing on rev. 0c0e82a55d for Windows 7

Matthias Seidel
Hi Pedro,

Am 03.10.20 um 13:04 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Hi Matthias
>
>> On 10/03/2020 11:36 AM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Regarding issue 83432: Just look at the dialog in AOO 4.1.7 and you see
>> what was fixed...
> Czeslaw is right. This is still not fixed. Both Default check boxes should load unchecked (because you can initially modify the value).

Did you compare it to 4.1.7?

If you think there ist still an issue, then please open a new issue for
it...

Regards,

   Matthias

> Once you Check the Default box the default value shows up and the number option is disabled.
>
> Regards,
> Pedro

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Results of 4.1.8 QA Testing on rev. 0c0e82a55d for Windows 7

Czesław Wolański
Hi  Matthias, Pedro

@Matthias

>  BTW: You personally found that problem
> and we had a long discussion  about it.
> I only found the Bugzilla issue afterwards... ;-)

Now I remember. One of those cases falling under § 20 StGB (on my part). ;-)
Thank you!

What Pedro pointed out  is exactly my concern.
In screenshots on the left and on the right, the "Default" is checked. Yet
spin field control is enabled/disabled.
I find it slightly inconsistent, though it may be convenient in terms of
UX.
(Similar inconsistency one can observe when playing with the Find toolbar
in AOO Writer).

Regards,
Czesław

Am 03.10.20 um 13:22 schrieb Czesław Wolański:

> Hi  Matthias, Pedro
>
> @Matthias
>>  BTW: You personally found that problem
>> and we had a long discussion  about it.
>> I only found the Bugzilla issue afterwards... ;-)
>>
> Now I remember. One of those cases falling under § 20 StGB (on my part). ;-)
> Thank you!
>

> What Pedro pointed out  is exactly my concern.
> In screenshots on the left and on the right, the "Default" is checked. Yet
> spin field control is enabled/disabled.
> I find it slightly inconsistent, though it may be convenient in terms of
> UX.
> (Similar inconsistency one can observe when playing with the Find toolbar
> in AOO Writer).
OK, but can we agree that the problem of two checkboxes placed over
another is fixed?
This is what is described in the issue from 2007 (!).

If you are not comfortable with the behavior of the checkbox, just open
a new ticket. ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards,
> Czesław
>

> сб, 3 окт. 2020 г. в 13:07, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi Pedro,
>>
>> Am 03.10.20 um 13:04 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>>> Hi Matthias

>>> Czeslaw is right. This is still not fixed. Both Default check boxes
>> should load unchecked (because you can initially modify the value).
>>
>> Did you compare it to 4.1.7?
>>
>> If you think there ist still an issue, then please open a new issue for
>> it...
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
>>> Once you Check the Default box the default value shows up and the number
>> option is disabled.
>>> Regards,
>>> Pedro

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Results of 4.1.8 QA Testing on rev. 0c0e82a55d for Windows 7

Czesław Wolański
Hi,

Yes we can agree that the problem of two checkboxes placed over another is
fixed.

As for opening a new ticket...
"In due course. In the fullness of time.
At the appropriate juncture. When the moment is ripe.
When the requisite procedures have been completed.
Nothing precipitate." (from "Yes Minister")

See   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKYEUXlYcSI

Regards,
Czesław

сб, 3 окт. 2020 г. в 13:28, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Am 03.10.20 um 13:22 schrieb Czesław Wolański:
> > Hi  Matthias, Pedro
> >
> > @Matthias
> >>  BTW: You personally found that problem
> >> and we had a long discussion  about it.
> >> I only found the Bugzilla issue afterwards... ;-)
> >>
> > Now I remember. One of those cases falling under § 20 StGB (on my part).
> ;-)
> > Thank you!
> >

> > What Pedro pointed out  is exactly my concern.
> > In screenshots on the left and on the right, the "Default" is checked.
> Yet
> > spin field control is enabled/disabled.
> > I find it slightly inconsistent, though it may be convenient in terms of
> > UX.
> > (Similar inconsistency one can observe when playing with the Find toolbar
> > in AOO Writer).
>
> OK, but can we agree that the problem of two checkboxes placed over
> another is fixed?
> This is what is described in the issue from 2007 (!).
>
> If you are not comfortable with the behavior of the checkbox, just open
> a new ticket. ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>

> > Regards,
> > Czesław
> >

> > сб, 3 окт. 2020 г. в 13:07, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]
> >:
> >
> >> Hi Pedro,

> see
> >> should load unchecked (because you can initially modify the value).
> >>
> >> Did you compare it to 4.1.7?
> >>
> >> If you think there ist still an issue, then please open a new issue for
> >> it...
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >>    Matthias

> number
> >> option is disabled.

Re: Results of 4.1.8 QA Testing on rev. 0c0e82a55d for Windows 7

Pedro Lino-4
Hi Czeslaw, Matthias

> Yes we can agree that the problem of two checkboxes placed over another is
> fixed.

Agreed! After installing 4.1.7 I can see that the reported bug has indeed been fixed.

When 4.1.8 is released then it will make sense to request additional improvements (that hopefully will be included and released in 4.2.0 ;) )

Regards,
Pedro

Am 03.10.20 um 15:52 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Hi Czeslaw, Matthias
>
>> Yes we can agree that the problem of two checkboxes placed over another is
>> fixed.
> Agreed! After installing 4.1.7 I can see that the reported bug has indeed been fixed.
>
> When 4.1.8 is released then it will make sense to request additional improvements (that hopefully will be included and released in 4.2.0 ;) )

Hopefully, *if* we find someone to fix it. ;-)

There are already additional fixes for help and translation in trunk/AOO42X.

Regards,

   Matthias