Retrieving a doc from old account

Carole Christopher
I used to use Open Office all the time. But when we got a new computer,
missed getting that set up on replacement computer.

I have installed 4.16 on this computer now, but cannot see where I can log
into old account.

Perhaps I did something wrong when setting it up? Can u help?

Re: Retrieving a doc from old account

Rory O'Farrell
On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 14:07:40 -0400
Carole Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I used to use Open Office all the time. But when we got a new computer,
> missed getting that set up on replacement computer.
>
> I have installed 4.16 on this computer now, but cannot see where I can log
> into old account.
>
> Perhaps I did something wrong when setting it up? Can u help?

The document does not live on a cloud account.  It is on the old computer; transfer it from there to a USB key and bring that to the new computer.  Be careful to observe the operating system USB removal protocols.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Retrieving a doc from old account

Rory O'Farrell
On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 14:07:40 -0400
Carole Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I used to use Open Office all the time. But when we got a new computer,
> missed getting that set up on replacement computer.
>
> I have installed 4.16 on this computer now, but cannot see where I can log
> into old account.
>
> Perhaps I did something wrong when setting it up? Can u help?

The document does not live on a cloud account.  It is on the old computer; transfer it from there to a USB key and bring that to the new computer.  Be careful to observe the operating system USB removal protocols.

Comcast has bounced the copy of the above email from my ISP to the OP; would some other list user please copy it to her?

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Retrieving a doc from old account

W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof.
On Sun, 9 Jun 2019, Rory O'Farrell wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 14:07:40 -0400
> Carole Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I used to use Open Office all the time. But when we got a new computer,
>> missed getting that set up on replacement computer.
>>
>> I have installed 4.16 on this computer now, but cannot see where I can log
>> into old account.
>>
>> Perhaps I did something wrong when setting it up? Can u help?
>
> The document does not live on a cloud account.  It is on the old computer; transfer it from there to a USB key and bring that to the new computer.  Be careful to observe the operating system USB removal protocols.
>
> Comcast has bounced the copy of the above email from my ISP to the OP; would some other list user please copy it to her?

This is a copy of Rory's response to Carole.

- Robert

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019, Robert Funnell wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Jun 2019, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
>
>>  On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 14:07:40 -0400
>>  Carole Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> >  I used to use Open Office all the time. But when we got a new computer,
>> >  missed getting that set up on replacement computer.
>> >
>> >  I have installed 4.16 on this computer now, but cannot see where I can
>> >  log
>> >  into old account.
>> >
>> >  Perhaps I did something wrong when setting it up? Can u help?
>>
>>  The document does not live on a cloud account.  It is on the old computer;
>>  transfer it from there to a USB key and bring that to the new computer.
>>  Be careful to observe the operating system USB removal protocols.
>>
>>  Comcast has bounced the copy of the above email from my ISP to the OP;
>>  would some other list user please copy it to her?
>
> This is a copy of Rory's response to Carole.
>
> - Robert

My message to the OP also bounced, with the message 'The Domain Name
System (DNS) reported that the recipient's domain does not exist.'

- Robert

Re: Retrieving a doc from old account

W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof.
On Sun, 9 Jun 2019, Rory O'Farrell wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 14:07:40 -0400
> Carole Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I used to use Open Office all the time. But when we got a new computer,
>> missed getting that set up on replacement computer.
>>
>> I have installed 4.16 on this computer now, but cannot see where I can log
>> into old account.
>>
>> Perhaps I did something wrong when setting it up? Can u help?
>
> The document does not live on a cloud account.  It is on the old computer; transfer it from there to a USB key and bring that to the new computer.  Be careful to observe the operating system USB removal protocols.
>
> Comcast has bounced the copy of the above email from my ISP to the OP; would some other list user please copy it to her?

This is a copy of Rory's response to Carole, with the address
corrected thanks to Brian.

- Robert

Re: Retrieving a doc from old account

W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof.
Here, for the list, is Carole's reply to me.
The thanks should go to Rory.

- Robert