Quantcast

Rgarding volunteer for translation of webpage into Danish

Rgarding volunteer for translation of webpage into Danish

Irene Lykke
Hello,

I can see on your webpage that you lack volunteers for translating your
webpage into Danish. I would like to help with that.

Danish is my native language, and I work as a caseworker. This means that I
use computers all the time, and I am trained in communicating with people
of different background.

Hope to hear from you.

Best regards,
Irene Lykke

Re: Rgarding volunteer for translation of webpage into Danish

Marcus (OOo)
Am 10/30/2016 08:22 AM, schrieb Irene Lykke:
> I can see on your webpage that you lack volunteers for translating your
> webpage into Danish. I would like to help with that.
>
> Danish is my native language, and I work as a caseworker. This means that I
> use computers all the time, and I am trained in communicating with people
> of different background.

that sounds good and thanks for your offer to help. The website is
indeed still not fully translated.

I would suggest to start with the main webpage. You can look for the
text part inside the HTML file [1]. You can save this file locally and
open it with a text editor.

The relevant parts are after the HTML tag <body>. Either it's a longer
text which is directly visible or it's shorter and then tagged with
"title" or "h2" or "h3" or other HTML tags.

So, when this is done then it would be a big step forward. What do you
think?

I hope my explaination was not too technical. Please do not hesitate to
ask when something is unclear.

[1] http://www.openoffice.org/da/index.html

Marcus

Re: Rgarding volunteer for translation of webpage into Danish

Irene Lykke
Hello again

I have tried to translate the webpage, and I send it to you here as .txt. As I have not heard from you yet regarding my question below, I just tried something. Please let me know, if I should change something or if I have misunderstood completely.

Regards
Irene

Hello Marcus

Thank you for your response.

Just to make sure, you want me translate all text on the weppage, you send a link to, to Danish and write it in the source code, right? And then I should mail it to you?

Regards,
Irene

Apache OpenOffice weppage Danish.txt (64K) Download Attachment

Am 11/10/2016 07:45 AM, schrieb Irene Lykke:
> I have tried to translate the webpage, and I send it to you here as
> .txt. As I have not heard from you yet regarding my question below, I
> just tried something. Please let me know, if I should change something
> or if I have misunderstood completely.

thanks for your feedback.

Sorry, I haven't received the mail quoted below. It was also not
received by the mailing list. Please make sure to reply always to the
mailing list "[hidden email]".

I've looked into the attached file. Although it is kind of text,
actually it is not readable for the webserver.

I've sent you a ZIP file with the "index.html" [1] and
"msg_prop_l10n_da.js" [2]. You can translate the text that is visible on
the respective webpage, zip it again and sent it back to me. Make sure
not to change the file extension and to keep the character encoding (it
should be UTF-8).

[1] http://www.openoffice.org/da/index.html
[2] http://www.openoffice.org/da/download/index.html

Thanks

Marcus

> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>     Hello Marcus
>
>     Thank you for your response.
>
>     Just to make sure, you want me translate all text on the weppage,
>     you send a link to, to Danish and write it in the source code,
>     right? And then I should mail it to you?
>
>     Regards,
>     Irene

>     <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>         Am 10/30/2016 08:22 AM, schrieb Irene Lykke:
>
>             I can see on your webpage that you lack volunteers for
>             translating your
>             webpage into Danish. I would like to help with that.
>
>             Danish is my native language, and I work as a caseworker.
>             This means that I
>             use computers all the time, and I am trained in
>             communicating with people
>             of different background.
>

>         that sounds good and thanks for your offer to help. The website
>         is indeed still not fully translated.
>
>         I would suggest to start with the main webpage. You can look for
>         the text part inside the HTML file [1]. You can save this file
>         locally and open it with a text editor.
>
>         The relevant parts are after the HTML tag <body>. Either it's a
>         longer text which is directly visible or it's shorter and then
>         tagged with "title" or "h2" or "h3" or other HTML tags.
>
>         So, when this is done then it would be a big step forward. What
>         do you think?
>
>         I hope my explaination was not too technical. Please do not
>         hesitate to ask when something is unclear.
>
>         [1] http://www.openoffice.org/da/index.html
>         <http://www.openoffice.org/da/index.html>
>
>         Marcus

Ciao

Marcus

Re: Rgarding volunteer for translation of webpage into Danish

Hans Henrik Hansen
Hello Marcus

If you send similar files to me, I would like to give it a try, as well! :)

/Hans

Am 11/10/2016 05:21 PM, schrieb Hans Henrik Hansen:
> If you send similar files to me, I would like to give it a try, as well! :)

I've sent the file also to you. I don't know how you both are connected.
Maybe it's possible to share the work and do it together.

Marcus

>> Am 11/10/2016 07:45 AM, schrieb Irene Lykke:
>>> I have tried to translate the webpage, and I send it to you here as
>>> .txt. As I have not heard from you yet regarding my question below, I
>>> just tried something. Please let me know, if I should change something
>>> or if I have misunderstood completely.
>>
>> thanks for your feedback.
>>
>> Sorry, I haven't received the mail quoted below. It was also not
>> received by the mailing list. Please make sure to reply always to the
>> mailing list "[hidden email]".
>>
>> I've looked into the attached file. Although it is kind of text,
>> actually it is not readable for the webserver.
>>
>> I've sent you a ZIP file with the "index.html" [1] and
>> "msg_prop_l10n_da.js" [2]. You can translate the text that is visible on
>> the respective webpage, zip it again and sent it back to me. Make sure
>> not to change the file extension and to keep the character encoding (it
>> should be UTF-8).
>>
>> [1] http://www.openoffice.org/da/index.html
>> [2] http://www.openoffice.org/da/download/index.html
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Marcus

>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>>
>>>      Hello Marcus
>>>
>>>      Thank you for your response.
>>>
>>>      Just to make sure, you want me translate all text on the weppage,
>>>      you send a link to, to Danish and write it in the source code,
>>>      right? And then I should mail it to you?
>>>
>>>      Regards,
>>>      Irene

>>>      <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>>
>>>          Am 10/30/2016 08:22 AM, schrieb Irene Lykke:
>>>
>>>              I can see on your webpage that you lack volunteers for
>>>              translating your
>>>              webpage into Danish. I would like to help with that.
>>>
>>>              Danish is my native language, and I work as a caseworker.
>>>              This means that I
>>>              use computers all the time, and I am trained in
>>>              communicating with people
>>>              of different background.
>>>

>>>          that sounds good and thanks for your offer to help. The website
>>>          is indeed still not fully translated.
>>>
>>>          I would suggest to start with the main webpage. You can look for
>>>          the text part inside the HTML file [1]. You can save this file
>>>          locally and open it with a text editor.
>>>
>>>          The relevant parts are after the HTML tag<body>. Either it's a
>>>          longer text which is directly visible or it's shorter and then
>>>          tagged with "title" or "h2" or "h3" or other HTML tags.
>>>
>>>          So, when this is done then it would be a big step forward. What
>>>          do you think?
>>>
>>>          I hope my explaination was not too technical. Please do not
>>>          hesitate to ask when something is unclear.
>>>
>>>          [1] http://www.openoffice.org/da/index.html
>>>          <http://www.openoffice.org/da/index.html>

Re: Rgarding volunteer for translation of webpage into Danish

FALCON
I can only translate into Serbian. I'm sorry

> Am 11/10/2016 05:21 PM, schrieb Hans Henrik Hansen:
>
>> If you send similar files to me, I would like to give it a try, as well!
>> :)
>>

> I've sent the file also to you. I don't know how you both are connected.
> Maybe it's possible to share the work and do it together.
>
> Marcus

>>> thanks for your feedback.
>>>
>>> Sorry, I haven't received the mail quoted below. It was also not
>>> received by the mailing list. Please make sure to reply always to the
>>> mailing list "[hidden email]".
>>>
>>> I've looked into the attached file. Although it is kind of text,
>>> actually it is not readable for the webserver.
>>>
>>> I've sent you a ZIP file with the "index.html" [1] and
>>> "msg_prop_l10n_da.js" [2]. You can translate the text that is visible on
>>> the respective webpage, zip it again and sent it back to me. Make sure
>>> not to change the file extension and to keep the character encoding (it
>>> should be UTF-8).
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.openoffice.org/da/index.html
>>> [2] http://www.openoffice.org/da/download/index.html
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Marcus

Re: Rgarding volunteer for translation of webpage into Danish

Irene Lykke

I have looked into the files you sent me, but I am not really sure what you
want me to do, because the text seems to be already translated into Danish?

I have to say that I am not that familiar with programming, I guess I need
a "dummies" guide :) I would really like to help, but how to know which
files to open and how I should do it and exactly which phrases I should
translate, does not make much sense to me.

Regards,
Irene

Am 11/20/2016 09:07 AM, schrieb Irene Lykke:
> I have looked into the files you sent me, but I am not really sure what you
> want me to do, because the text seems to be already translated into Danish?
>
> I have to say that I am not that familiar with programming, I guess I need
> a "dummies" guide :) I would really like to help, but how to know which
> files to open and how I should do it and exactly which phrases I should
> translate, does not make much sense to me.

maybe it would be easier for you when I send you a file with just the
texts that should be translated. You can get an impression of its
context and location where it would be displayed when you open the main
webpage [1] and looking for the English parts.

You can use OpenOffice but also a simple editor like Editor or Notepad
on Windows.

[1] http://www.openoffice.org/da/index.html

What do you think, does this work for you? Or do you need further
details. However, you can of course also ask questions while translating.

Thanks

Marcus

>> Am 11/10/2016 07:45 AM, schrieb Irene Lykke:
>>
>>> I have tried to translate the webpage, and I send it to you here as
>>> .txt. As I have not heard from you yet regarding my question below, I
>>> just tried something. Please let me know, if I should change something
>>> or if I have misunderstood completely.
>>>

>> thanks for your feedback.
>>
>> Sorry, I haven't received the mail quoted below. It was also not received
>> by the mailing list. Please make sure to reply always to the mailing list "
>> [hidden email]".
>>
>> I've looked into the attached file. Although it is kind of text, actually
>> it is not readable for the webserver.
>>
>> I've sent you a ZIP file with the "index.html" [1] and
>> "msg_prop_l10n_da.js" [2]. You can translate the text that is visible on
>> the respective webpage, zip it again and sent it back to me. Make sure not
>> to change the file extension and to keep the character encoding (it should
>> be UTF-8).
>>
>> [1] http://www.openoffice.org/da/index.html
>> [2] http://www.openoffice.org/da/download/index.html
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Marcus

>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>>
>>>      Hello Marcus
>>>
>>>      Thank you for your response.
>>>
>>>      Just to make sure, you want me translate all text on the weppage,
>>>      you send a link to, to Danish and write it in the source code,
>>>      right? And then I should mail it to you?
>>>
>>>      Regards,
>>>      Irene

>>>      <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>>
>>>          Am 10/30/2016 08:22 AM, schrieb Irene Lykke:
>>>
>>>              I can see on your webpage that you lack volunteers for
>>>              translating your
>>>              webpage into Danish. I would like to help with that.
>>>
>>>              Danish is my native language, and I work as a caseworker.
>>>              This means that I
>>>              use computers all the time, and I am trained in
>>>              communicating with people
>>>              of different background.
>>>

>>>          that sounds good and thanks for your offer to help. The website
>>>          is indeed still not fully translated.
>>>
>>>          I would suggest to start with the main webpage. You can look for
>>>          the text part inside the HTML file [1]. You can save this file
>>>          locally and open it with a text editor.
>>>
>>>          The relevant parts are after the HTML tag<body>. Either it's a
>>>          longer text which is directly visible or it's shorter and then
>>>          tagged with "title" or "h2" or "h3" or other HTML tags.
>>>
>>>          So, when this is done then it would be a big step forward. What
>>>          do you think?
>>>
>>>          I hope my explaination was not too technical. Please do not
>>>          hesitate to ask when something is unclear.
>>>
>>>          [1] http://www.openoffice.org/da/index.html
>>>          <http://www.openoffice.org/da/index.html>
>>>
>>>          Marcus

Re: Rgarding volunteer for translation of webpage into Danish

Irene Lykke
Yeah I think that would be fine for starters, if you send me the text that
should be translated :) And then I can see how that works out.

Thank you.

Irene

Am 11/22/2016 06:49 PM, schrieb Irene Lykke:
> Yeah I think that would be fine for starters, if you send me the text that
> should be translated :) And then I can see how that works out.

OK, great, then I'll do this on the weekend.

Marcus