Rotation Tool Won't Save

KaleidoQuilt
Hello,

I have Windows 7.0 and am using Open Office 4.1.3 Writer. I am using the
Drawing Tool. I am making right angle triangles. One with the apex to
the bottom left and one (rotated) with the apex at the bottom right. All
looks good, and I SAVE the document. When I re-open the document all the
triangles are situated with the apex to the bottom left. I have tried
ROTATING using the "curly arrow" button and also by going into the menu
selection and choosing 90 degrees. I have tried to "fix" the problem
twice, but every time I SAVE and re-open, the triangles are back to apex
bottom left. This also happens with curved arrows. I will set them in
the direction I like, but they revert back to their original position
after SAVE and re-open.
Please advise.

Lil Sklenarik - KaleidoQuilt

--
KaleidoQuilt
"Connecting Colors"

"Afraid of a little COLOR?"
Can't commit to painting the whole room?
Quilt Art is versatile and can add a "POP" of Color.
I could NEVER make THAT...YES YOU CAN!
Classes include machines, tools and hand holding.

Re: Rotation Tool Won't Save

Martin Groenescheij

On 16/03/17 5:58 AM, KaleidoQuilt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have Windows 7.0 and am using Open Office 4.1.3 Writer. I am using
> the Drawing Tool. I am making right angle triangles. One with the apex
> to the bottom left and one (rotated) with the apex at the bottom
> right. All looks good, and I SAVE the document.

You probably SAVE AS .doc format instead of SAVE in .odt format

> When I re-open the document all the triangles are situated with the
> apex to the bottom left. I have tried ROTATING using the "curly arrow"
> button and also by going into the menu selection and choosing 90
> degrees. I have tried to "fix" the problem twice, but every time I
> SAVE and re-open, the triangles are back to apex bottom left. This
> also happens with curved arrows. I will set them in the direction I
> like, but they revert back to their original position after SAVE and
> re-open.
> Please advise.
>
> Lil Sklenarik - KaleidoQuilt

Re: Rotation Tool Won't Save

Dave-5
On 15.03.2017 19:58, KaleidoQuilt wrote:
Hello,

I have Windows 7.0 and am using Open Office 4.1.3 Writer. I am using the Drawing Tool. I am making right angle triangles. One with the apex to the bottom left and one (rotated) with the apex at the bottom right. All looks good, and I SAVE the document. When I re-open the document all the triangles are situated with the apex to the bottom left. I have tried ROTATING using the "curly arrow" button and also by going into the menu selection and choosing 90 degrees. I have tried to "fix" the problem twice, but every time I SAVE and re-open, the triangles are back to apex bottom left. This also happens with curved arrows. I will set them in the direction I like, but they revert back to their original position after SAVE and re-open.
Please advise.

Lil Sklenarik - KaleidoQuilt

Rotation may be an issue, but the method described and illustrated in the attached document works, even if you choose to save in one of Microsoft's formats.

Dave

Triangle Test.odt (119K) Download Attachment

Essential information (was: Rotation Tool Won't Save

Julian Thomas

> On Mar 15, 2017, at 14:58, KaleidoQuilt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have Windows 7.0 and am using Open Office 4.1.3 Writer.

Good for you.  You told us both what OS you are using and what version of OO.

----
Julian Thomas   - http://jt-mj.net

People are like stained glass windows: they sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light within. - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Fwd: Rotation Tool Won't Save

Martin Groenescheij
Forwarded Reply from OP

Yes. Thank you. I will try saving in ODT.

Lil