SORT FEATURE

John Clipper
I am on the page to select sort criteria.

In the input  field to select sort criteria  there is in the field  COLUMN D

I can’t change it to COLUMN A

J. Clipper

Re: SORT FEATURE

Brian Barker-2
At 15:53 11/01/2021 +0100, John Clipper wrote:
>I am on the page to select sort criteria. In the input field to
>select sort criteria there is in the field COLUMN D. I can't change
>it to COLUMN A.

I'm guessing that you do not have column A included in the range to
be sorted. Sorting by column A means sorting column A and moving
material in other columns included in the range to match, keeping
material in the same rows parallel. So it makes no sense to try to
sort a column that is not included in the range!

Are you trying to sort columns A and D but leave intervening columns
- B and C - unchanged? It *is* possible to select two columns that
are not adjacent, such as A and D, whilst leaving intervening columns
out of the range, but it seems it is not possible to sort such a
selection. If you do wish to sort only material in columns A and D,
you will have to move (or copy) one or other column so as to bring
them adjacent.

Or it may be that you are not wishing to sort both columns A and D
according to column A at all, but something else. In other words,
perhaps you think that Data | Sort... does something other than what
it actually does?

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker