SWriter example

Selim Yucel
Hello,
I am trying to run SWriter.
my connection string is;
uno:socket,host=0,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.NamingService

But I am getting exception like,

Couldn't get MSFcom.sun.star.connection.NoConnectException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

I will deeply appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Selim Yucel
Certusoft, Inc.
7900 West 78th Street
Suite 165
Minneapolis, MN 55439
Direct/Cell : (612) 462-1235
952-921-0351-phone
952-921-0367-fax

Re: SWriter example

Juergen Schmidt-3
Hi,

first of all it seems that you are working with an old SDK. I suggest
that you use a OO.org 2.0 SDK and a OO.org 2.0 office.

Selim Yucel wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to run SWriter.
> my connection string is;
> uno:socket,host=0,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.NamingService

before ou start a client you have to ensure taht your office is running
in listening mode:
soffice
"-accept=socket,host=localhost,port=2083;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager"

You can check this with "netstat -a". After that you can start your
client for example with:

myapp "uno:socket,host=localhost,port=2083;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager"

Juergen