Sanskrit spellchecker

Jaganadh G

Colleagues

I have a plan to build a Sanskrit spellchecker for OOo. How can I add it
to OOo.
Is it like create dict with affrules and save it as sa_IN.dict and
sa_IN.aff. The put it to dict folder . Edit dict list .
Is it ok.
I am preparing the data in UTF 8
Font is Gandhari Unicode.

Jaganadh G

______________________________________
Scanned and protected by Email scanner

Re: Sanskrit spellchecker

प्रज्वल श्रेष्ठ
Dear Jaganadh,
The steps you have mentioned are the proper steps for the spellchecker.
I hope you succeed in it.
prajol

On Dec 24, 2007 9:11 AM, Jaganadh G <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Colleagues
>
> I have a plan to build a Sanskrit spellchecker for OOo. How can I add it
> to OOo.
> Is it like create dict with affrules and save it as sa_IN.dict and
> sa_IN.aff. The put it to dict folder . Edit dict list .
> Is it ok.
> I am preparing the data in UTF 8
> Font is Gandhari Unicode.
>
> Jaganadh G
>

> ______________________________________
> Scanned and protected by Email scanner

RE: Sanskrit spellchecker

Jaganadh G
Collegue
I prepared sa_IN.dic file (with out any rules) and sa_IN.aff (with SET
UTF-8 as only content ). When I typed some words using Hindi Key board
in FC6 machine and checked the spell checking is not working.
I have added sa_IN in dictionary.lst also

What may be the problem.

Jaganadh G

The steps you have mentioned are the proper steps for the spellchecker.
I hope you succeed in it.
prajol

On Dec 24, 2007 9:11 AM, Jaganadh G <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Colleagues
>
> I have a plan to build a Sanskrit spellchecker for OOo. How can I add
it

> to OOo.
> Is it like create dict with affrules and save it as sa_IN.dict and
> sa_IN.aff. The put it to dict folder . Edit dict list .
> Is it ok.
> I am preparing the data in UTF 8
> Font is Gandhari Unicode.
>
> Jaganadh G
>

> ______________________________________
> Scanned and protected by Email scanner

RE: Sanskrit spellchecker

F Wolff
Op Vrydag 2008-01-25 skryf Jaganadh G:

> Collegue
> I prepared sa_IN.dic file (with out any rules) and sa_IN.aff (with SET
> UTF-8 as only content ). When I typed some words using Hindi Key board
> in FC6 machine and checked the spell checking is not working.
> I have added sa_IN in dictionary.lst also
>

> What may be the problem.
>
> Jaganadh G

Did you mark the text as Sanskrit? You can do this by selecting the
text, right click, character and choosing the language there.

Regards
Friedel

Re: Sanskrit spellchecker

Németh László-2
Dear Jaganadh,

Is there an ABC icon by your document language in the language list box?
If yes, maybe it is a byte order mark problem. Old Hunspell version of
the recent OpenOffice.org doesn't recognize the BOM sequence used by
some text editor on Windows, for example the default Notepad. Use
Yudit, BabelPad, Textedit etc. to remove the first 3-byte BOM of your
UTF-8 text files.

Regards,
László

2008/1/25, Jaganadh G <[hidden email]>:

> Collegue
> I prepared sa_IN.dic file (with out any rules) and sa_IN.aff (with SET
> UTF-8 as only content ). When I typed some words using Hindi Key board
> in FC6 machine and checked the spell checking is not working.
> I have added sa_IN in dictionary.lst also
>

> What may be the problem.
>
> Jaganadh G

Yes
I done so and now it is working.
Thank you for your valuable comment
Jaganadh GH

> I prepared sa_IN.dic file (with out any rules) and sa_IN.aff (with SET
> UTF-8 as only content ). When I typed some words using Hindi Key board
> in FC6 machine and checked the spell checking is not working.
> I have added sa_IN in dictionary.lst also
>

> What may be the problem.
>
> Jaganadh G

Did you mark the text as Sanskrit? You can do this by selecting the
text, right click, character and choosing the language there.

Regards
Friedel

Hi all

Joachim Van den Bogaert
Hi all,

I am Joachim. And I would like to contribute to openoffice.
I work as a developer for Yamagata Europe, a printing and translation
company. Up till now I have worked on filters and tools that help reduce
mistakes during the translation workflow and on high performance parsers
for the Trados .tmx and .ttx file formats. Currently, I'm working on a
TBX terminology database application and on a DITA multilingual CMS. I
mainly write C#, but I know my way around Java too.

I hope these skills are useful to this group. If there is anything I can
do, please let me know,

Regards,
Joachim

Re: Hi all

thomas.lange

Hello Joachim,

Nice to meet you and welcome here on this list!

> Hi all,
>
> I am Joachim. And I would like to contribute to openoffice.
> I work as a developer for Yamagata Europe, a printing and translation
> company. Up till now I have worked on filters and tools that help reduce
> mistakes during the translation workflow and on high performance parsers
> for the Trados .tmx and .ttx file formats. Currently, I'm working on a
> TBX terminology database application and on a DITA multilingual CMS. I
> mainly write C#, but I know my way around Java too.
>
> I hope these skills are useful to this group. If there is anything I can
> do, please let me know,

How about C/C++ ?
Most code I know of in lingucomponent is written in that.

Still, maybe you have a pet project you like to implement or work on? ^_-

Thomas

Re: Hi all

thomas.lange

Hi Joachim,

Just being curious, have you found an area of work for you?

If not yet and if you have no problems with C++ I have sth. on my mind
that could need some improvement.
It would be about language guessing. We already have an algorithm that
was implemented as Google SoC project that uses trigrams.
But I like it to be extended by some code that evaluates the Unicode
points of the characters.
That would allow for exact guessing of many yet not covered languages
and would also be usable in identifying Chinese, Japanese and Korean
text. Which is something we really like to have.

If you are interested and want to hear more about it just drop me a mail.

Regards,
Thomas

Re: Sanskrit spellchecker

Gérard

I have a plan to build a Sanskrit spellchecker for OOo. How can I add it
to OOo.
Is it like create dict with affrules and save it as sa_IN.dict and
sa_IN.aff. The put it to dict folder . Edit dict list .
Is it ok.
I am preparing the data in UTF 8
Font is Gandhari Unicode.

Jaganadh G

Do you know if there exists a Pali spellchecker? What I want is: scanning a page in Pali, by means, for instance, of Omnipage, and convert that page, after an OCR, to Word. But the diacritic signs are the problem than. Is there somebody who could help to solve this problem?

Kind regards,
Gérard

Scanned and protected by Email scanner

Re: Sanskrit spellchecker

Jaime Drury
I  am curious if there is any developments of an English based spellchecker
for Open Office that works I have seen a program Whitesmoke and have
inquired if they are working on same...

Jaime