Saved documents?

Frank Schirmer
Where did my saved documents go??? Are they gone forever?

Re: Saved documents?

DaveB

Re: Saved documents?

Frank Schirmer
 When I went to Open Office in the past and clicked the down arrow many doc's that I created were listed. I do that now and is says "No Documents"

Unless you deleted them by some other means, they will still be in the
folder where you saved them.

> Are they gone forever?
Maybe, if you intentionally deleted them.
Try:
1. Open Windows 10 file manager and look in the folder where you
normally save your documents. (eg. "My Documents")
2. If you can remember the name of one of your saved documents, type
that name into the Windows 10 search box.

never be read.

Re: Saved documents?

DaveB
There are things (such as updates) that can causer that list to be
cleared but it does not mean your documents have been lost or removed.

Try the previous recommendations and you will most likely find your
documents are still exactly where you originally save them.

never be read.

>  When I went to Open Office in the past and clicked the down arrow many doc's that I created were listed. I do that now and is says "No Documents"

David Robley
That is simply a list of recently used documents; it may have been
cleared by inadvertently clicking Clear List under the list of files, by
resetting the AOO user profile or by an AOO upgrade from e.g. version 3
to version 4. You should still be able to access your documents by using
File | Open from the AOO menu.

go to http://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html As a courtesy I
have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the mailing list. Do
Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
will be ignored.

On 7/11/19 6:56 am, [hidden email] wrote:

>   When I went to Open Office in the past and clicked the down arrow many doc's that I created were listed. I do that now and is says "No Documents"
>
>      On Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 10:14:05 AM MST, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Cheers
--
David Robley

Useless Invention: Self stick frying pan.