Saving in *.RTF format (OOo 2)

Dennis J. Tuchler
Using OOo 2.0, I tried to save a document in RTF format and in DOC
format.  The RTF document came out funny --just a number, and  no text.
The DOC document came out just fine.  Is there a problem with RTF
format?   I had no trouble saving RTF docs under the previous version of OOo

--
Best regards,

Dennis J. Tuchler
University City, Missouri 63130
USA

Re: Saving in *.RTF format (OOo 2)

Andrew Fisk
this is kind of strange -- I opened an existing writer doc and saved
it as RTF -- when I opened the RFT in OO.o it was blank, when I tried
it in text edit it was readable but without graphics, and when I
opened it in pages (a Mac word processor) it was OK -- formatting was
slightly screwed up (can I say screwed up:)  but that was expected.
then I opened the RFT in neo office and it was also blank.  So I
saved the copy from pages and that opened just fine in OO.o --

Not sure what that all means expect that OO.o can not read .rtf files
it creates?

If someone else could test this and let me know I am not losing (or
it's not just a Mac issue) it I will file a bug report

Andy
Spitfire Computer Services
441 Beaver Street
Suite 202
Sewickley, PA 15143
Phone (412) 749-0162
Fax: (412) 749-0203
[hidden email]
www.spitcomp.com

On Nov 29, 2005, at 5:42 PM, Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:

> Using OOo 2.0, I tried to save a document in RTF format and in DOC
> format.  The RTF document came out funny --just a number, and  no
> text.  The DOC document came out just fine.  Is there a problem
> with RTF format?   I had no trouble saving RTF docs under the
> previous version of OOo
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Dennis J. Tuchler
> University City, Missouri 63130
> USA

Re: Saving in *.RTF format (OOo 2)

Matej Cepl-2
Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
> Using OOo 2.0, I tried to save a document in RTF format and in DOC
> format.  The RTF document came out funny --just a number, and  no text.
> The DOC document came out just fine.  Is there a problem with RTF
> format?   I had no trouble saving RTF docs under the previous version of
> OOo

Can you upload the document somewhere on the web and post a link here,
please (be aware, that attachment to this list are removed)?

Matej

GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

Just remember, brothers and sisters--their skins may be white,
but their souls are just as black as ours!
   -- a black preacher