Saving in other formats like .tif/.tiff

Kevin M. Wilson
Will there ever be other formats that can be saved in OF?

Kevin

Re: Saving in other formats like .tif/.tiff

David Belina-2
Open Office is not a photo or graphics editor or designer so I don’t see what point the would be for saving in graphics formats like .tif.

On March 17, 2020 at 6:58:12 PM, Kevin M. Wilson ([hidden email]) wrote:

Will there ever be other formats that can be saved in OF?

Kevin

Re: Saving in other formats like .tif/.tiff

Brian Barker-2
At 00:39 18/03/2020 +0000, Kevin M. Wilson wrote:
>Will there ever be other formats that can be saved in OF?

Since I've never heard of "OF", how can I know? Oh, and there can be
no telling what might "ever" happen.

I cannot see any reason why one might want to save a text or
spreadsheet document, for example, in a graphic format. What do you
think you could do with a result in such a format that you could not
do with the original text or spreadsheet document? But you might want
to save a drawing (Draw) document (or part of one) in a graphic
format, and you can do that from OpenOffice right now: no waiting for "ever"!

o To save a single page of a drawing, use File | Export... and choose
your required format for "Save as type". Note that the Selection
option in the Export dialogue enables you to export just selected object(s).

o Alternatively, you can use Convert | Modify > | To Bitmap or
Convert | Modify > | To Metafile (or either via right-click |
Convert >). Then you can use right-click | Save as Picture... to save
the result in a graphic format.

Note that in either case you can previously select multiple items to
group them if necessary. And you could paste material from a text
(Writer) or spreadsheet (Calc) document into a drawing if desired.

All this is described under "Exporting graphics" in Chapter 6,
"Editing Pictures (Raster Graphics)", of the Draw Guide.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Saving in other formats like .tif/.tiff

jhivacaville-2
Thanks but two members have helped to resolve  my problem.  My problem was not this  problem.  Additional assistance is not necessary at this time.

Thanks again.
Jim Ingram
At 00:39 18/03/2020 +0000, Kevin M. Wilson wrote:
>Will there ever be other formats that can be saved in OF?

Since I've never heard of "OF", how can I know? Oh, and there can be
no telling what might "ever" happen.

I cannot see any reason why one might want to save a text or
spreadsheet document, for example, in a graphic format. What do you
think you could do with a result in such a format that you could not
do with the original text or spreadsheet document? But you might want
to save a drawing (Draw) document (or part of one) in a graphic
format, and you can do that from OpenOffice right now: no waiting for "ever"!

o To save a single page of a drawing, use File | Export... and choose
your required format for "Save as type". Note that the Selection
option in the Export dialogue enables you to export just selected object(s).

o Alternatively, you can use Convert | Modify > | To Bitmap or
Convert | Modify > | To Metafile (or either via right-click |
Convert >). Then you can use right-click | Save as Picture... to save
the result in a graphic format.

Note that in either case you can previously select multiple items to
group them if necessary. And you could paste material from a text
(Writer) or spreadsheet (Calc) document into a drawing if desired.

All this is described under "Exporting graphics" in Chapter 6,
"Editing Pictures (Raster Graphics)", of the Draw Guide.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Saving in other formats like .tif/.tiff

jhivacaville-2
Not my issue.

Re: Saving in other formats like .tif/.tiff

Wade Smart-2
jhivacaville you realize you get a copy of EVERY email in the group.
If its not your issue, you dont have to respond.

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 9:14 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not my issue.

Dave AOO
On 18/03/2020 14:14, [hidden email] wrote:
> Not my issue.

Jim,

You are one of around 570 subscribers to this mailing list. This means
that every time someone posts to this list with a question or answer
every subscriber receives a copy of that post.

If you wish to unsubscribe follow the unsubscribe instructions here:

Re: Saving in other formats like .tif/.tiff

Rory O'Farrell
On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 09:33:41 -0500
Wade Smart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> jhivacaville you realize you get a copy of EVERY email in the group.
> If its not your issue, you dont have to respond.

And you can unsubscribe if you wish by using the unsubscribe link at bottom of every email from the mailing list.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>