Searching for content in OpenOffice.org 2.0 Documents

Searching for content in OpenOffice.org 2.0 Documents

Bob Coleman
I used to use ZipHunter to search for content in OpenOffice 1.0 (sxw)
documents.

Is there any way to search for content in OpenOffice 2.0 (odt) documents?

Bob Coleman

Re: Searching for content in OpenOffice.org 2.0 Documents

Matej Cepl-2
Bob Coleman wrote:
> Is there any way to search for content in OpenOffice 2.0 (odt) documents?

Yeah, the same -- they are zip-files again and if you are able to work with
XML in sxw, then XML in odt is not that different. :-)

Matej

GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were
real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from
Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha
Centauri.
    -- Douglas Adams

Re: Searching for content in OpenOffice.org 2.0 Documents

G. Roderick Singleton-2

try http://www.danielnaber.de/loook/
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead

Re: Searching for content in OpenOffice.org 2.0 Documents

Chad Smith
On 12/4/05, Bob Coleman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I used to use ZipHunter to search for content in OpenOffice 1.0 (sxw)
> documents.
>
> Is there any way to search for content in OpenOffice 2.0 (odt) documents?

If you have Windows, and Google Desktop, you can add this Plug-in

Larry's OpenOffice and StarOffice Indexer

http://desktop.google.com/plugins/i/indextheopenoffice.html

If you have Windows, but not Google Desktop, you can get Desktop here:

http://desktop.google.com/

Google Desktop indexes your hard drive, so you (and only you - it doesn't
put your hard drive's contents on the web) can search for any document
you've got.  It's a very powerful tool.

--
- Chad Smith
http://www.gimpshop.net/
Because everyone loves free software!

RE: Re: Searching for content in OpenOffice.org 2.0 Documents

Jim White-3

On Windows, I use Yahoo Desktop Search to index and search content in OOo
files. See http://oooauthors.org/en/FAQs/Writer/faqwriterother/20040309k

Jim White